18 responses

Traci Portis Mar 08 '13 at 01:16 AM
Top Response
There should be a blocking feature and or a feature where you chose what people can and cannot see that aren't a part of your connections. This is ridiculous.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Allyson Doherty Mar 11 '13 at 01:09 PM
    Top Response
    Why should I have to change my name/profile/etc just because there are one or two people I don't want in my life? LI needs to step it up.
      SAHAR HMEIDAN Mar 07 '13 at 02:42 PM
      Top Response
      Yes, I would also like to know how to block off certain people from viewing my profile. I am also experiencing several people stalking me on LinkedIn.
        Jason Arcelay CTFA, CRPC, MBA Mar 11 '13 at 10:55 PM
        Top Response
        I agree and feel that I am being stalked by a former coworker. She continues to come up on my recently reviewed list. If Facebook can figure out this functionality so can Linkedin.
          Michael Dillon Mar 07 '13 at 03:03 AM
          Top Response
          Facebook coined the term "unfriend." Apparently social networking is in need of the ability to refuse, exclude, or otherwise select and reject those who pursue a digital relationship that is unwanted. The various levels of service associated with differing membership levels demonstrates that LinkedIn provides differentiated services-- effectively giving heightened levels of access and discovery to users who are willing to pay. LinkedIn needs to listen to its members needs, and stop avoiding whatever costs or obstacles currently prevent blocking and even severing connection relationships.
            Janice Tripi Mar 08 '13 at 02:47 AM
            Top Response
            Linked in needs a BLOCKING feature. Someone that doesn't like me views my profile daily to report activity to her boss!!!! This is really ridiculous that you have no blocking feature.
              Lori Nicholas Mar 11 '13 at 03:46 PM
              Top Response
              I add my voice to this - a simple block function would solve all the above, and mine also. I hope the Linkedin moderator is reading and taking note.
                Amber Lujan Moderator Mar 13 '13 at 07:48 PM
                Top Response
                Hi everyone and thank you very much for all of your feedback regarding having the ability to block a connection on LinkedIn. Although this feature is not something that is currently available, we have bundled up all of the feedback on this thread and are making sure our product team is aware of all of your thoughts so we can take it into account when roll out future products or enhancements. With that said, I am going to close this thread since most of the comments now are "+1" and "me too" type of responses that don't seem to be adding much more to the conversation. They are also generating an email to everyone following this question (which is quite a lot now) every time someone comments and I want to respect their email inbox's.

If you do feel that someone is sending inappropriate messages and/or you find a profile that is inappropriate, please do not hesitate to email us directly with as much information as you have by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link located at the top of this page and we would be more than happy to assist! Again, thank you all for your feedback. We really do appreciate it!
                  Helen Milan Mar 07 '13 at 01:37 AM
                  Top Response
                  i have also some crazy guy who's keep sending me messages... with obsessions... the bad news that he used to be my x- neighbor... and he knew my email... i also wanted to block him so badly!!!... LI should have these options for people, I hope there's going to be some upgrades to that..
                    Dave Mason Mar 06 '13 at 08:28 PM
                    Top Response
                    Helen - yes this seems to be a very popular request and if you've reviewed other questions there isn't much to add.

Only LI can tell us if they will spend the money to make this type if change.

I'm curious, though, what makes you think you are being stalked? This seems to be the biggest complaint. Are you receiving improper messages?

If you aren't ccomfortable taking about it that's OK but the more info LI has the more likely they will respond.
                      Helen McCabe DipM MCIM Mar 06 '13 at 08:39 PM
                      Probably best if I don't say here
                      Dave Mason Mar 06 '13 at 09:01 PM
                      Understood. Thank you.
                      Cecilia Piehl, PMP Mar 09 '13 at 05:43 PM
                      Dave - Your question is really odd and a bit creepy. The fact that a person, especially a woman, saying they need the ability to block their information should be enough. LinkedIn used to have the feature available and I successfully used it. Unfortuntately, it has been removed.

This question is closed