15 responses

Derek Homann Moderator Feb 28 '13 at 08:14 PM
Top Response
Hi everyone,

As an update to this, I can now let you know that you can now update your company name on your own (assuming you are an admin of the page). To do so, just go to your company page and click the Edit button in the top right corner of the page. This will take you to a page where your company name can now be edited. I hope this helps!

Update 3/4/12: Hi everyone. We had to temporarily revert back to users not being able to edit their own company page names as of right now. We encountered a couple of small issues we need to take care of but once those are resolved, you will be able to do it again. I don't have an ETA on when revert back to you being able to edit your own company page, but I will update here when we do. Apologies for any inconvenience.

(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Will Fleiss Mar 02 '13 at 06:34 PM
    Hi Derek,

Has this feature been rolled out to everyone? I'm an admin of my company page and I don't see a way to change the company name. Can you help me with this? It's very time sensitive.

Many thanks,
    Will
    Bryan Harrold Mar 06 '13 at 04:33 PM
    Like Will, I am an admin of a page, and I do not see how I can change the company name. Has this feature been rolled out to everyone, or is it temporarily suspended? Please advise.

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Laura Scott Mar 07 '13 at 03:50 PM
    It's been a year since. Any update on this? This has become an important issue. Not being able to do this makes our LinkedIn company page less relevant or useful.
    Isaac Miranda Mar 07 '13 at 04:16 PM
    people keep asking me why my old company name appears. there is no option to change the name. pretty basic guys ~ we need a solution now!
    Shawn Faus Mar 07 '13 at 09:08 PM
    Any update? Just checked and still can't change on our own. Please help. :(
    See More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Simon Hamer Feb 06 '13 at 08:26 AM
    Top Response
    Here's the link from the LinkedIn "help Centre"

http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15818

The link to contact the appropriate part of "customer service" is included in the link.

Here's what is said.....

How do I change the company name on my Company Page?

Changes to company names can only be made by our Company Page team. Please contact us with the following information:

The exact spelling of how the name currently appears on LinkedIn.
    How the name should actually read.
    The URL (webpage link) for the company page on LinkedIn.
      Laura Scott Mar 07 '13 at 03:51 PM
      The above link is now 404 (or 403).
      Dinesh RAMKRISHNA Feb 06 '13 at 05:31 AM
      Top Response
      Greetings Kevin:

User is not allowed to change the company name even if you have created and are admin.

You will have to reach out to LI customer service
      Option 1:
      customer_service@linkedin.com

Option 2:
      http://help.linkedin.com/app/ask

Regards,
      -Dinesh
        Lissa Parnell Feb 14 '13 at 09:19 PM
        Top Response
        Does anyone know how long it takes for LinkedIn to make the update?
          Ed Israel Feb 15 '13 at 05:41 PM
          Great question. I have been waiting for over a week with nothing other then an automated response.
          Kirstin Walsh Feb 21 '13 at 02:05 PM
          Top Response
          we have also been waiting many weeks for changes to be made to our company page and like you have only received the automated page, very frustrating. I did use the 1.53 pounds per minute call centre number and had conversation with someone who promised to make the amendment within 24 hours, however that was over a week ago and still not been actioned.
            Alper Deniz Feb 26 '13 at 06:34 PM
            Top Response
            Hi. Does anyone have the phone number to contact LinkedIn? I have been waiting for a long time for my company name to be changed.

Is it possible to delete the page and start up a new page?

Thanks
              Michele Langley, SPHR Mar 12 '13 at 10:13 PM
              Top Response
              Just had the same issue. I am very surprised at their lack of getting back to inquiries. Still cannot change my name either. Think I may try to delete. Has this worked for anyone?

I was able to edit last night via the edit button as administrator. Thanks LinkedIn.
                Derek Homann Moderator Mar 13 '13 at 02:04 PM
                Hi Michele,

We are working on getting back to the inquiries as quickly as possible. I would advise against deleting the page too since you can't do that on your own right now. The functionality should be back very soon and then you'll be able to update it. Also, if you already sent in a ticket and they get to it before the functionality to edit the name is rolled back out, they will be able to edit it as well.
                Guy Besley Mar 13 '13 at 10:27 PM
                Top Response
                Any idea how long until we can do this? Its an imperative part of branding to have the correct company name and a major flaw of linkedIn if we cant change it when we rebarnd or name change?
                  Kevin Desrosiers Apr 18 '13 at 09:34 PM
                  Top Response
                  It looks like this thread is a year old. But here is my question. I was able to change our company name as a page admin, BUT I noticed that the link to our company page still has the old company name! I need that to change as well, since we no longer own the name! Anyone know how to change that?
                    Liz Triffitt Jul 04 '13 at 09:20 AM
                    Top Response
                    I can't seem to edit the company page as an administrator with respect to changing my logo and company name.

Any word on this?

With thanks.
                      10|0 characters needed