Margaret A Ost Sep 19 '13 at 04:58 AM
Top Response
http://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/f/c
For individual issues help.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Jeff Tincher Sep 22 '13 at 08:27 PM
    Top Response
    Hey Charlotte, I have the same problem for a client of mine. I'll be in touch if I find a solution and appreciate if you learned what's wrong, and how to fix, to let me know. Thanks!! JEFF
      Charlotte Norfleet Sep 23 '13 at 12:00 PM
      Top Response
      Jeff,

I tried reposting the status and link a week later, initially the issue was not fixed, so I deleted and tried to post the image as an attachment and not display an image for the link- which looked sloppy so I deleted that as well. I tried one more time to post the originial link and picture and it corrected itself! I'm not sure what did the trick exactly, but I did hear the image would no longer be cached after a week. Good luck!
        Charlotte Norfleet Sep 23 '13 at 12:02 PM
        Top Response
        Margaret,

I actually did send in my question to LinkedIn, they never got back to me. I'm unfortunately finding LinkedIn's lack of support very frustrating.
          Julia Rosenthal Oct 30 '13 at 01:48 AM
          Top Response
          I had the same issue, got this response: 1) picture needs to be in the correct format size to be displayed properly by the scraper: 180 x 110. And 2) I've had a look at a page source and can confirm that the meta description for this specific link (the one for blog) has the same description as homepage. This is why the information pulled for status update is not the one you need to have. Add unique meta description for each blog article to ensure correct summary copy is pulled in by the scraper.

I did all this and problem has now reoccurred. Not only that, but the image size is TINY when on our blog page, it looks terrible, so I doubled it, keeping same h x w ratio, it worked, but only twice. Support is virtually non-existent
            10|0 characters needed