4 responses

Derek Homann Moderator Aug 28 '13 at 01:43 PM
Top Response
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for posting your question in our forums. As Victoria said, some members can actually see when they connected with a particular user directly from that person's profile. I've included a screenshot so you can see where it actually is when you're looking for it.

Date connected screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Z0PyHAB.png

If you don't happen to see this on their profile, it's most likely because you haven't been upgrade to the new LinkedIn Contacts experience yet. If you aren't using the new Contacts feature yet, you should be able to opt yourself into it here: http://www.linkedin.com/contacts/

I hope that helps!
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Victoria Ipri, CPT, CPW Aug 27 '13 at 06:39 PM
    Top Response
    Hi Samuel- depending on the type of account you have, you may be able to see the date when you connected with the other member, right on the member's profile. There is a button - Relationship" - between the member's profile picture and the Activity section. Here, you can also see any LinkedIn emails or Inmails you've shared. If you don't have this, and the feature is important to you, you can upgrade to the next level. Simply click on the Upgrade button in the top right corner.

Good luck!
      Samuel (Zanvy) Grauman Aug 27 '13 at 06:41 PM
      Much appreciated Victoria!
      Bernard Gore Aug 27 '13 at 07:49 PM
      Top Response
      For a zero-cost option - when you connect you'll gte an email regarding this - I have a rule in my email that sticks all that sort of thing into a folder, with current cost of storage this is negligible, so i can always go back and search this for the date.

Of course this doesn't help now unless you have these - maybe in your deleted folder if you haven't cleared it for a long time? But might be worth considering for the future.
        Samuel (Zanvy) Grauman Aug 27 '13 at 07:51 PM
        Thanks Bernard! In order to keep my inbox / various folders as clean as possible, I tend to delete those connections emails... Lesson learned
        Charles Caro Aug 27 '13 at 08:00 PM
        Top Response
        Since there is no real point in ever totally removing messages from your LinkedIn "Inbox", it can be used to get the approximate date you connected with someone simply by looking at either the "sent" invitation or the "received" invitation.

You can view your "sent" invitations by going to your LinkedIn "Inbox/Invitations/Sent" folder, and you can view your "received" invitations by going to your LinkedIn "Inbox/Archived" folder.
          Samuel (Zanvy) Grauman Aug 27 '13 at 08:21 PM
          Thank you Charles!
          10|0 characters needed