9 responses

Maryanne Lenardo Oct 24 '13 at 12:46 AM
Top Response
I find LinkedIn inefficient, particularly in regard to the resume upload. I do not want to write a separate document for LinkedIn nor do I plan to read a 248 page book on how to use this site.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Charles Caro Aug 25 '13 at 08:00 PM
    Top Response
    You can edit your LinkedIn profile by clicking the "Edit Profile" link appearing on the "Profile" menu found at the top of your LinkedIn homepage. From the "Edit Profile" webpage click any "blue pencil" icon to edit content for the item or section.
      Andria Segedy Aug 25 '13 at 08:26 PM
      Thank you for your response. I have seen it elsewhere. Your solution only lets me edit invidual posts I've made under Experience, Education, etc. It does not let me change out the resume and other documents that I uploaded during my initial registration. Can you help me with that? Thank you.
      Charles Caro Aug 25 '13 at 08:38 PM
      At the present time you have an "empty" profile. LinkedIn previously offered a "resume upload" feature, but the feature was very unreliable. The feature is no longer supported.

You can build and/or change (edit) your entire LinkedIn profile from your "Edit Profile" webpage.

You might be interested in downloading an ebook on the topic of using LinkedIn. The authors have opted to giveaway one million copies of the ebook version of their book titled "How To REALLY Use LinkedIn". The ebook is 248 pages and available at the following:

http://www.how-to-really-use-linkedin.com/
      Andria Segedy Aug 25 '13 at 09:49 PM
      Thank you. I am downloading the book now.
      You say that I have an "empty" profile. That concerns me. I see something there. You do not?
      Charles Caro Aug 26 '13 at 02:18 AM
      @Andria - I see the "Heading" section, which includes your name, a headline, your job title, your location, and your industry, and a list of "skills" in the "Skills & Expertise" section.

What I don't see is either a "Summary", "Experience" or "Education" section. Every LinkedIn profile should include information in a "Summary", "Experience", and "Education" section.
      John Miller Oct 30 '13 at 04:38 AM
      Top Response
      Maryanne, I'm in absolute agreement with you. Uploading new or revised resumes should be a snap on a site like LinkedIn, not a game of Twister. Thanks for the added comments.
        Cherie Trelease Dec 04 '13 at 07:50 PM
        Top Response
        I am disappointed with the LinkedIn resume update process. You would think that given all the advances in coding, UX/UI website updates that a site like LinkedIn would be able to correct this process. I am paying for a premium account, and getting a non-premium website. Come on executive management, put the time and money into improving your customer service!!!
          Charles Caro Dec 05 '13 at 08:13 PM
          @Cherie - You are paying for a Premium subscription and receiving exactly the features described with the subscription. No more; no less. It is totally unreasonable to expect features and benefits not included with the Premium subscription.

If you were to walk into any store and demand services or products you weren't paying for, they would justifiably laugh at you.

It is very "cheeky" to claim poor customer service when you claim something never a part of what your Premium subscription provided.

John Miller Dec 16 '13 at 03:14 PM
          I dropped my premium subscription due to the inability to update / re-upload resumes. Free sites like RigZone, OilCareers, etc recognize how fundamentally important this basic function is, and it is a routine capability on their sites. LinkedIn falls flat on its face on this issue.
          Deanna Offard Jan 07 at 05:13 PM
          Top Response
          I have to agree that Linkedin should allow people to update their resume. Many companies want resumes to reflect the position they are applying for and with my background this can be anything from administration work, dental, or healthcare. This is not a good way for people to reflect their qualifications for various jobs.
            Carlos Santiago May 14 at 07:13 PM
            Top Response
            I'm not impressed with Linkedin at all. I get more job offers from free sites.
              Shimon Haber Jun 11 at 01:00 PM
              Top Response
              LinkedIn is not it used to be.
              - Shimon Haber
                BJ Plecki 2 days ago
                Top Response
                so is there a way to retrieve resume or NOT?
                  Charles Caro yesterday
                  @BJ - To "edit" your LinkedIn profile go to the following:

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit

When the "Edit Profile" webpage displays click on either a "blue pencil" icon or an "edit" link to update your profile.
                  10|0 characters needed