25 responses

Oldest
Victoria Ipri Aug 12 '13 at 09:12 PM
Top Response
Madalin, sign out of LinkedIn completely, then log back in using a different browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox. Also be sure to clear your cache.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Madalin Ion Aug 13 '13 at 05:18 AM
    Thank you, Victoria! Unfortunately didn't work. I have tried with all 3 browsers: chrome, firefox and internet explorer, but I experiment that problem for a long time.
    Madalin Ion Sep 18 '13 at 01:10 PM
    Dear Victoria, it seams that it is a "common problem" and there is still no solution. Is there any other way you to help us?
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Michael Lever Aug 26 '13 at 09:25 PM
    Top Response
    Hi,

I am also receiving this error, but only on certain groups.

I have cleared my cache, tried various browsers on various pc's and nothing.

What can be done to rectify it ?
      Madalin Ion Aug 27 '13 at 05:25 AM
      Indeed that appears at certain groups. No reply which could solve at the moment.
      Rosie Clarke Aug 27 '13 at 04:06 PM
      Top Response
      I'm getting this problem on just one group - repeatedly - despite clearing cache and logging in and out. All my other groups work fine. I'm confused!
        Valentin Czuczumanov Sep 16 '13 at 07:59 PM
        Top Response
        Same problem applies for me. We would need some help here please!
          Mohamed Yassini Sep 18 '13 at 10:02 AM
          Top Response
          Hello,

I have the same issue. I did all these things; logging out, clearing cache, different browser....seems not to help.

There was an unexpected problem that prevented us from completing your request.
            Earl Erickson Sep 23 '13 at 02:20 PM
            Top Response
            I also have the problem on the Linked Local in Huntsville, AL group. It is very frustrating because, to leave the group, you have to log in. There is no way to clear this error. This appears to be a software error. It is a common problem that Linked in needs to correct. This thread was started Aug 12. Over a month should be enough to clear a software problem, if any attention is being given to it.
              Herb Hayes May 22 at 10:11 PM
              Agree that I have the same problem with this group -- and with sending messages to some of my contacts in other groups as well. The "error" message should have better info to give an idea whether it is something the user can do or it is a LI issue.
              Victoria Ipri May 22 at 10:24 PM
              Herb, I totally understand the frustration, but how would LinkedIn's user system know the source of the problem? Sometimes, users receive this message because it is an issue with IE, and switching to Chrome or Firefox resolves it. Sometimes, LI is just glitchy. Sometimes, it's a user error issue. I don't see how the system could deduce "why" across 300+ million members. Then again, IT is not my sweet spot!
              Sandy Clark Sep 23 '13 at 06:02 PM
              Top Response
              I'm also getting this error message on a group that I manage but can access other groups. I hoped the answer would be on here somewhere but it seems that this is just an open community to share problems and suggest solutions. Does anyone know of another way of reporting the problem?
                Earl Erickson Sep 23 '13 at 07:18 PM
                Sandy, I went to the contact us tab near the top of my home page, and sent a mail to Linkedin. This seems to be a common problem. I think they should be flooded with requests to correct it. It is impossible to even drop the group and sign back up, because to drop the group, one has to get into the group.
                Earl Erickson Sep 23 '13 at 07:22 PM
                I'm sorry, I went to the help center at the bottom of the home page, then the contact us at the top of the help center.
                Sandy Clark Sep 24 '13 at 08:57 AM
                Thanks Earl, I sent a message last night, just awaiting a response.
                Nadine Grandison-Mills Sep 29 '13 at 12:08 PM
                Top Response
                Having the same problems too. Will email LinkedIn and see if it resolves the issue.
                  Sandy Clark Sep 30 '13 at 08:15 AM
                  Top Response
                  Hi all,

I contacted LinkedIn and after a few days everything had been sorted out. The problem I had was that the 'owner' of the group had passed away earlier in the year and they asked that he contact them to resolve the issue. When I explained the problem I was sent a notification of death form to complete and the group has now been passed over to my control. All in all, I would say that LinkedIn have been very efficient in dealing with the problem.
                    Earl Erickson Sep 30 '13 at 02:20 PM
                    Top Response
                    The problem was resolved for me by Linkedin deleting the group from my account. Not optimum, but I no longer get notices I can't respond to. I might try adding it in later.
                      10|0 characters needed