5 responses

Gastón B Jan 30 at 02:54 PM
Top Response
I've made the same error, allowing linked to gather all my gmail contacts... now, everytime I login I see linkedin offering me to add gmail contacts -not linkedin ones- to my linkedin network.
I wish to stop that, at this time if all that people wanted to join they would. This is making me think about leaving linkedin...
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Pete Staples Feb 25 at 01:33 PM
    Top Response
    This is tacky, LinkedIn. Privacy settings should allow users to rescind the rights to gmail address book access. I'm a fan of LinkedIn but this is so wrong.
      Charles Caro Aug 09 '13 at 03:31 PM
      Top Response
      You afforded LinkedIn access to your gmail account address book on a one-time basis, but the damage has been done in the event a bunch of invitations went out.

If you have not already done so, you need to use the "withdraw" feature to stop LinkedIn from sending out two (2) reminder invitations. The only way to "withdraw" an invitation is to go to your LinkedIn "Inbox/Invitations/Sent" folder, open each invitation on a one-by-one basis, and click the "withdraw" box showing below the message body box for the invitation. Note: The "withdraw" feature does not "recover" the invitation for future use.

A LinkedIn member should *never* open their email address book to LinkedIn for the purpose of sending out invitations.
        Chris Riley Mar 15 at 09:43 PM
        Top Response
        There has to be an answer for this. I keep deleting my imported contacts, and trying to disconnect both my Gmail and Yahoo accounts, and can't seem to find the way to do this. I presume I could do it from the Google or Yahoo end by rescinding permission. Pete, you are right... this IS tacky and not something LI needs to be doing at this point. There should be a "disconnect" link right next to each service on the "add contacts" menu.
          Charles Caro Mar 16 at 01:15 AM
          @Chris - For information on how to remove a contact source go to the following:

http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43376/ft/eng
          Chris Riley Mar 17 at 02:47 AM
          Top Response
          Thank you Charles. I had gone into my Yahoo and Gmail setting yesterday to disallow LinkedIN site access to those accounts from the source. So, not I'm covered on both ends. Cheers.
            10|0 characters needed