4 responses

Joan M Taylor Middleton Jun 01 '13 at 05:21 AM
Top Response
This is rediculous: I am Joan M Taylor Middleton and I wish to DELETE the LINKEDIN account in my name immediately. What success do you expect when you make it so very difficult to delete an account that has totally incorrect information recorded in it?
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Charles Caro Jun 01 '13 at 04:23 PM
    Top Response
    Go to the "Account & Settings" webpage and click on the "Close your account" link. All information associated with your account will be destroyed.

If you cannot find the "Account & Settings" webpage, click on the "Help Center" link found at the bottom of every LinkedIn webpage and enter "close account".

Bear in mind it will be a lot easier to remove yourself from the LinkedIn website than it will be to remove yourself from Google. First of all, Google does not "crawl" every webpage on the web everyday, which means your LinkedIn profile link will show on a Google search for some time. Second, depending on how long you had your LinkedIn account Google may or may not have included your profile in its cache.

By the way, you have exposed your email address in an open and public forum visible to the entire 225+ million members of the LinkedIn Community. I suggest you delete your question immediately.
      Mike Cox Jun 07 '13 at 04:34 PM
      Top Response
      Yes i want to delete my accounts because since i signed up i am getting unwanted emails selling all sorts of products and with invitations
      to open up web pages that are known to be a way to get viruses. its quite ridiculous how difficult it is to get rid of my account.
        Charles Caro Sep 14 '13 at 09:49 PM
        @Mike - The easiest way to close a LinkedIn account is by going to the following:

https://www.linkedin.com/settings

Click the "Account" link on the left column and then click the "Close account" on the right column.

A member must do this themselves.
        Shabir Sereshk Sep 14 '13 at 03:58 PM
        Top Response
        i am not interested thanks.,i am not interested
          Charles Caro Sep 14 '13 at 09:49 PM
          @Shabir - The easiest way to close a LinkedIn account is by going to the following:

https://www.linkedin.com/settings

Click the "Account" link on the left column and then click the "Close account" on the right column.

A member must do this themselves.
          10|0 characters needed