20 responses

Daniel Rendell Aug 08 '13 at 03:14 PM
Top Response
To remove a link (whether you uploaded it or not...) follow these steps, which worked for me :

1. in top left hand corner of your profile / LI home page click ' edit profile'.
2. in EDIT mode scroll down to the image of the link you do not want, and click on the small blue pencil icon in lower right corner of the image
3. in the grey box that appears go to the end and click on the blue text 'remove this media' (you can at this stage move the link to a different job position, or to your summary or edit the descriptions, though I could not change the image which seemed to be auto filled)
4. confirm in the new dialogue box 'yes I want to remove...'
5. repeat to remove others (you may need to click 'done editing' and start again)
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Matthew O'Brien Sep 17 '13 at 11:10 PM
    Thank you, Daniel Rendell. Simple instructions and worked perfectly. I think the eye is tricked by where they've placed the phrase, 'remove this media.'
    Susan Hollywood Feb 14 at 09:34 AM
    Thanks Daniel. Clear instructions. Task done.
    Paul Hoskins May 21 at 08:46 AM
    Thanks Daniel. Very helpful. Agree with Matthew O'Brien that the location of the 'remove this media' option is not intuitive
    Radcliffe Cole Jul 15 at 02:24 PM
    Thanks for this Daniel. I tried it didn't work in Chrome browser but was fine in IE for some reason.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Simon Hamer Feb 21 '13 at 05:40 PM
    Top Response
    http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1646

To remove a position: (remove position it is attached to, add it back later)
    Click Profile at the top of the homepage.
    Click Edit in the top section of your profile.
    Scroll down to the Experience section and click the blue pencil icon next to the position you’d like to remove.
    Click the Remove this position link.
    Click Yes, remove in the confirmation window.
    When you’re done making changes, click Done editing located in the box at the top of your profile.
      Jack Mulcahy Feb 25 '13 at 08:39 PM
      Top Response
      I don't want to remove the position. I want to remove the links to the "el cheapo" resume "services" the links take people to!
        Toti Fanara Apr 02 '13 at 05:02 PM
        I've got a similar issue where a link for a past company I worked for it's leads to an id0tic "Clinical and Cnsulting Psychology Associates" company and only heavens knows why that's being associated with the company I listed.

Not only that's not the company corresponding to the one listed and the link on the Linked-in landing page redirects traffic to something other than the url of site listed, but if that wasn't enough, to show it's a bogus click trap spam, one needs only to look at the misspelled headline... that alone should be enough proof since no respectable company wouldn't, at the very least, care enough to correct spelling errors in their company's page.

Once again looks like spammers fine a way to infiltrate Linked-in's systems. That isn't deposing too well for Linked-in... I already stopped using it once at the time of the password and private info security breach, but these issues are symptoms of potentially dangerous security holes that are not being taken care of.
        Carlo Rosati Feb 28 '13 at 02:34 AM
        Top Response
        Sir how do I remove myself from Linkedin. I am tired of some of these so called forensic scientists with degrees in history giving students bad advice. I need info to remove myself and stop the emails. Please. Thank you

Carlo Rosati
          Carol M. Seemayer Apr 03 '13 at 01:47 AM
          Top Response
          I also have a link to KPN and one for Associa on two positions in my profile that I did not add. I do not want to delete the position these links are on, I just want those links OFF my profile as I have never been affiliated with them. How can I best accomplish that WITHOUT deleting the position some spammer attached their link to?
            Carol M. Seemayer Apr 03 '13 at 02:09 AM
            Well folks, here I was just playing around, trying to get rid of those links on the work experience part of my profile when I discovered all I had to do was make a slight modification to the name of the company I worked for in order to make the 'company link' disappear from that entry on my profile. I still don't understand how those links got there in the first place. They, I and the companies I've worked for are NOT affiliated in ANY WAY. Hope LinkedIn takes notice of this obvious spam attack. The KPN company page on LinkedIn is written in GERMAN and ARABIC. BTW, I AM for hire! I have a FIERCE analytical mind and an even MORE FIERCE penchant for detail. See my profile for further details and to send me an invitation to connect.
            Christopher Pinske, IE, MBA, PMP, Lean Apr 03 '13 at 06:54 PM
            Thanks Carol M. Seemayer, I had the same problem and your solution took care of if.
            Carol M. Seemayer Apr 11 '13 at 03:10 AM
            I'm so happy to hear that Christopher. I'm glad I was able to help you.
            Ken McDonald Jun 11 '13 at 02:59 AM
            Many thanks, Carol, it worked perfectly!
            Tim Richardson Nov 06 '13 at 02:44 PM
            Hi Carol

Had a similar problem, a link to a company that plans couples' honeymoons no less. Tried your technique and successfully removed it. Thanks, Tim
            See More
            Phil Stubbs Apr 10 '13 at 11:29 AM
            Top Response
            I have the same issue - random links / logos added that are nothing to do with the companies I worked for. LinkedIn - why are you messing up with people's profiles?
              Carol M. Seemayer Apr 11 '13 at 03:06 AM
              Phil - Look down the thread a little bit for my comments on how I got rid of the mysterious Logos. Good luck and I hope you get rid of yours too.
              Phil Stubbs Apr 16 '13 at 07:31 AM
              It didn't work Carol, I think my issue is also caused by the companies I did work for, not being in existence so LinkedIn just picks a 'terrible' match!
              Phil Stubbs Apr 12 '13 at 09:49 AM
              Top Response
              Still doesn't work - if I change the name anymore it won't refer to the company I actually worked for!
                Renee Williams Apr 16 '13 at 07:20 AM
                did you ever get a solution? I do not want company links in my work experience description. It not only becomes an AD for the company but it entices people to click off my profile and go to the company site!!
                Phil Stubbs Apr 16 '13 at 07:30 AM
                No Renee, I didn't get a proper solution. I tried changing the name slightly but no difference and the problem I have is the links are to companies that I didn't work for. The ones I did, no longer exist in their old format so it just adds confusion if people click on the links.

Not sure LinkedIn really care.
                Tami Ross Apr 18 '13 at 06:01 PM
                Top Response
                Oh my goodness. Thank you so much Carol. I've been trying to figure this out for a month!
                  Carol M. Seemayer Jun 01 '13 at 12:57 AM
                  You're welcome Tami. :0)
                  Danielle Tardif, mba Jul 15 '13 at 05:21 PM
                  Top Response
                  In my case, I want to remove the link in the new feature where you can have a link as a portfolio. Can somebody help me?
                    Dennis P. German Aug 09 '13 at 05:22 PM
                    Top Response
                    Very strange... adjacent to the experience entry for Lockheed Martin I have an icon/link for Northrop Grumman... I tried Mr. Rendell's instructions but there is no blue pencil associated with the icon/link. The only other icon/link that shows up is for the US Navy; happily it is next to my experience entry for that peiod.
                      10|0 characters needed