5 responses

Bernard Gore Feb 04 '13 at 11:40 PM
Top Response
Like any massive complex system, there are occasional problems. If the message isn't in Sent, and isn't in their Inbox, then pretty certain that it is gone, despite the "Replied" marker.

(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Jenae Kaska Moderator Feb 04 '13 at 10:56 PM
    Top Response
    Hey Paul. It sounds like you've done as much as you can on your side to ensure that it was sent. It is odd that it doesn't appear in your Sent Mail however. I'd suggest reaching out to CS and letting us know the specifics..contact's name, date, etc so we can take a look. https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/path/
      Charles Caro Feb 05 '13 at 03:45 AM
      Top Response
      Unless you physically delete the "sent" message every message you send through your LinkedIn "Inbox" is stored in your LinkedIn "Inbox/Sent" folder.

To open your LinkedIn "Inbox/Sent" folder "click" on the "Inbox" link appearing at the top of every LinkedIn webpage, and then "click" on the "Sent" link appearing to the left side of the display.
        Charles Caro Feb 05 '13 at 03:47 AM
        The obvious question to ask the intended recipient of the message is to see whether or not the message appears in their LinkedIn "Inbox". It is entirely possible they are relying on their desktop email client and have never bothered to actually look at their LinkedIn "Inbox".
        Lorraine Rowley Mar 11 '13 at 06:36 PM
        Top Response
        Hey Charles,by accident I archived a recommendation message and yes, stupid woman answered it the message by clicking reply and yet again by accident clicked archive by mistake..... I can't restore either message back into my inbox....any tips????
        Cheers Lorraine
          Margaret A Ost Mar 11 '13 at 06:40 PM
          Top Response
          Ask CONTACT US, above, to put the recommendation where you can work with it, in RECOMMENDATIONS, I suggest.
            10|0 characters needed