5 responses

Christine Hueber May 10 '13 at 12:42 PM
Top Response
Someone sends them, Douglas.

Is there any way I can help you further?
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Charles Caro May 10 '13 at 04:23 PM
    Top Response
    A LinkedIn member always authorizes any invitation sent out. An invitation is absolutely *never* sent unless the member explicitly authorizes the invitation to be sent.

Of course, when a member opens their email address book to LinkedIn for the purpose of sending out invitations the member will probably wind up sending an invitation to every entry in the email address book unless they pay complete attention to all of the details regarding what is about to happen and how to select the recipients.

Many thousands of LinkedIn members have faced major aggravation and embarrassment because they failed to read and understand the instructions and would up seeing literally thousands of invitations go out to many people they did not know. When that happens the member must not only "withdraw" the invitations on a one-by-one basis but also they wind up "burning" many or most of the 3,000 invitations LinkedIn affords to members for the lifetime of their membership.
      Zoe Christopher Dec 25 '13 at 04:44 AM
      Is this absolutely true about members always making the requests? I've received "connection requests" from people I would not expect.
      Charles Caro Dec 27 '13 at 03:42 AM
      @Zoe - No invitation gets sent unless the member clicks to have the invitation sent, but many members simply fail to read and follow instructions prior to clicking to proceed with the process.
      Douglas Ellington May 13 '13 at 03:45 AM
      Top Response
      Thanks, Christine

Just so I understand how linked in work, did linked in automatically put my email contacts and sent a requests on my behalf?

Douglas
        Christine Hueber May 14 '13 at 05:23 PM
        Only if you gave them your password and clicked to send them, Douglas.
        Douglas Ellington May 13 '13 at 03:48 AM
        Top Response
        Thanks Mr. Caro

Douglas

Al Schafer Jun 24 '13 at 04:41 PM
          Top Response
          And the people at Linkedin still sleep at night thinking they do good. It is a social media business that rigs the system in their favor in every way they can.
            10|0 characters needed