27 responses

Sean Holden Moderator Feb 21 '13 at 12:26 AM
Top Response
Hi Makka! I believe this article from our help center will help you with that: http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5011

- Include a share button on your site.
- Reach out to our Business Development team at publisher@linkedin.com.
- Share your content with your LinkedIn connections.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    L. Aruna Dhir Jun 04 '13 at 05:29 PM
    Thank you Makka for posting a question for me too. I have been thinking about this.

And thank you Sean for being so helpful and professional.
    Sean Holden Moderator Jun 04 '13 at 09:54 PM
    You're quite welcome!
    Vaibhav Arora Nov 26 '13 at 06:09 AM
    Hey Sean, thanks for your help but I need some clarifications here. Can you help me with it ? I'd be grateful.
    Sean Holden Moderator Dec 02 '13 at 06:37 PM
    What kind of clariification did you need, Vaibhav? I'm happy to help in any way I can.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Zach Shelby Mar 25 '13 at 11:30 AM
    Top Response
    I have a similar question - not wanting to maintain a separate blog somewhere else, I would prefer to write articles direclty on LinkedIn since my target audience is here anyways. The normal Update tool has pretty limited functionality - there is not even a title field. Is there another way to write longer blog-like articles direclty on LinkedIn?
      Sean Holden Moderator Apr 10 '13 at 07:39 PM
      This functionality doesn't exist at this time. Thanks for the feedback!
      Tom Poalinelli Aug 24 '13 at 11:01 PM
      This would be an incredible function to add then. I have a separate blog on WP but I'd much rather have it as part of my LinkedIn page. Cleaner, more professional looking and doesn't take people away from LinkedIN.
      Beatriz Ruiz de Azcárate Martínez-Cañavate Jan 21 at 05:30 PM
      It would be great to have this functionality on Linkedin rather than having to maintain a separate blog. Thx!
      Parvez Khan Jun 13 '13 at 06:19 AM
      Top Response
      This is ridiculous. Linkedin should have more transparent and fair policy on this. Most of the articles I see are really shallow and off-the mark. They should have a policy by which people can post their articles.
        John Daniel Jimenez Jul 09 '13 at 08:53 AM
        You summed up the articles nicely as "shallow and off-the mark". I also found tons of grotesque examples of biased self-promotion and obviously one-sided biased and severely under-researched paid-for articles. If this is what the filtering lets in, I say we have nothing to lose by letting anyone write articles.
        Ayush Srivastava Jul 11 '13 at 01:56 PM
        Agree. LinkedIn articles are weak and never conclude on insightful note. Although, the titles are quite catchy. More than writers, I blame LinkedIn for having a loose moderation technique. Nevertheless, articles posted should be strictly moderated in terms of its language, message to the audience, etc. and a provision for all users to write their own columns will add more grades to the profiles.
        Adam White Nov 12 '13 at 12:20 PM
        I feel the need to add to this strand. Being a professional writer, I am shocked at some of the self promoting, unreliable, blatantly wrong opinions that are passed off as business articles. User owned Blogs are the appropriate place for people to reel off about their views and beliefs, LinkedIn is a professional business source.
        Peter B. Giblett CITP, LLB Apr 10 '13 at 06:48 PM
        Top Response
        Sean, I do not believe that you have answered the question correctly - what you have talked about is getting your blog article to be featured, yet there are a number of featured articles that are natively held in LinkedIn, many written by distinguished members. Yet there are many members that would like to add posts of their own, myself included - it is clear that some LinkedIn based posting is also available on the site, such as "Viral's Secret Formula" by Jonah Berger that is clearly hosted by the site and not a part of an independent publication. How can users create such content?
          Sean Holden Moderator Apr 10 '13 at 07:39 PM
          Contact publisher@linkedin.com for more information about publishing an article on LinkedIn.
          Ayaz Guliyev May 09 '13 at 12:13 PM
          Top Response
          I have a same question but don't anyone answer this. Example I also want post article as this http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130508142740-204068115-a-higher-level-of-productivity
            Vaibhav Arora Nov 26 '13 at 06:11 AM
            Ayaz did Did you figure it out?
            Glad Doggett Mar 07 at 05:06 PM
            Me, too. If you figure out the secret handshake, please share.
            Robert Falk Apr 09 '13 at 09:21 PM
            Top Response
            I agree with Zach. Is there anyway to write articles and post them directly on LinkedIn?
              Kathryn (Kitty) Dillingham Jul 13 '13 at 04:17 AM
              Let me know what you find out.
              John Daniel Jimenez Jun 01 '13 at 03:57 PM
              Top Response
              What makes one a `thought leader`?
                Kathryn (Kitty) Dillingham Jul 13 '13 at 04:18 AM
                Let me know what you find out. I feel that I am a thought leader, maybe it is not true, but I want to know.
                John Daniel Jimenez Aug 11 '13 at 02:43 PM
                Hi Kitty. There are no openings for LinkedIn `thought leaders`. I left that comment above as a rhetorical question. After a good amount of reading, you'll likely notice that well over half of the articles are either well disguised or blatant advertising for some firm. If we allow more `thought leaders`, this would flood the supply of bloggers-for-hire and drive down their rates. Think of it as buying a Coke at Disneyland. It's overpriced, but if you really want a coke, you have to pay that extra money. Letting independent vendors into the park would drive down the price - probably even bringing in some healthy alternatives to coke. Same thing with `thought leaders` on LinkedIn.
                Peter Ireland Aug 28 '13 at 07:47 PM
                Top Response
                We need a voting system like Reddit's. Most of the "Influencers" publish absolute garbage. There has to be a way to filter them out.
                  John Daniel Jimenez Aug 28 '13 at 07:57 PM
                  I agree we, or LinkedIn, needs a better way to filter this stuff. There is some good news on here sometimes, but all the fluff articles ( that are probably paid for promotion pieces as well ) just totally turns people off and stops them from paying attention to LinkedIn Today and they miss out on the good stuff - which is rare, but worth reading when it shows up.
                  Jyssica Scott Sep 12 '13 at 02:24 PM
                  Top Response
                  Hello. I emailed the suggested "publisher@linkedin.com" and immediately received this automated reply. I believe this answers everyones questions about being writing an article on linkedin:

Thank you for reaching out and expressing interest in LinkedIn's content products.

If you are interested in our publisher tools:
                  • You can add InShare to your site to enable seamless sharing of your content on LinkedIn: http://developer.linkedin.com/plugins/share-plugin-generator.
                  • Use a Company Page to leverage our platform and build an audience on LinkedIn: http://marketing.linkedin.com/company-pages/.
                  • Please note that we no longer add new publishers as news sources within LinkedIn Today.
                  • Learn more about our publisher tools with this SlideShare overview: http://www.slideshare.net/rverma21/linkedin-publisher-offerings-full-walkthrough-march-2013.
                  If you are interested in the LinkedIn Influencer program:
                  • Please note that the platform is invite-only and we are not accepting applications at this time.
                  • You can still explore SlideShare, our developer platform and the Status Update box on the home page as tools to spread professional insights to LinkedIn members.
                  Please note that we do not review article pitches or other submissions on this alias.

Due to the high-volume of requests, we encourage you to review the materials above as we may not be able to respond to every inquiry to this mailbox.

Thanks,

The LinkedIn Content Team
                    Peter Ireland Oct 08 '13 at 03:02 PM
                    Page no found.
                    Cathy Dunham Nov 21 '13 at 06:54 PM
                    Thanks for going the extra step, Jyssica, and contacting the publishers at LinkedIn to collect this info. The SlideShare info is just the ticket. You rock for sharing!!
                    Mahesh Damodhar Dec 13 '13 at 05:57 AM
                    The url for LinkedIn's InShare plugin is http://developer.linkedin.com/plugins/share-plugin-generator
                    The automated mail carries a period at the end of the url and hence it is broken => refer Jyssica's comment
                    Mark Vang Apr 28 '13 at 12:19 PM
                    Top Response
                    Zack and Peter, I think that the types of blogs you are talking about are limited to a select group of "thought leaders" and are not open to general members. I know of other folks that had the same question and I believe that is the answer they received. I'm not sure if the answer was provided by LI or an external source so I'll do a bit of research and supply a link if I can.
                      10|0 characters needed