20 responses

Susan Roman Mar 09 '13 at 06:16 PM
Top Response
I'm glad I started this discussion because it seems I wasn't alone in my frustration. After reading the discussion board and after a couple of emails from Customer Support, having the resume upload feature no longer available just isn't a big deal.

Now I use my profile as I believe LinkedIn intended it to be used, as a short and simple "resume overview" of my work history. I'll pull out the full blown resume when I'm applying for a job.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Braam Grobler Jun 23 at 01:11 PM
    Hi Susan, I have the exact problem you had in not being able to view the CV that I uploaded. I have a new one but don't know how to remove the old one and reload the new one. With what you learned will you please help me.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Scott Nottmeier Mar 22 '13 at 06:00 PM
    Top Response
    This feature is a "must" as employers want your resume and profile sheet. This feature should have a : "hide", "view" and a "download" option to release or keep private. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS OPTION SERIOUSLY IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT. You used to be able to print a "LinkedIn" version and that button is missing too. These features make LinkedIn a much more viable service and means of connection amoungst professionals whether looking for a career or being a presenter of a presentation. At a minimum, please re-add the LinkedIn profile "print" button. Your Recruiters, Employers, Seekers, and Presenters all will use these features. I hope I convinced you of the "NEED". Thanks ! , you are a great source and a fantastic means for Professionals to communicate....pat yourself on the back....get better, do this.....pat yourself on the back again....Thanks with great appreciation !!
    (NLP anchor: patting yourself on the back with achievement) Every time you do a GREAT job, pat your back in same place....You will find you like doing Great and like to Pat Your Back....I just helped You Create your own "Excellence"....SMILE sincerely NOW....Pat Your Back and K"NOW" IT's going to be A Great Day ! )
      Rick Vidaurre Jan 18 at 10:25 PM
      To delete file from your personal profile you can by clicking on the pencil symbol on the right bottom corner of your unwanted file. Then click on "Remove Media" and that would be gone.
      Upload should be available after old is removed
      Charles Caro Feb 17 '13 at 09:27 PM
      Top Response
      The "upload resume" feature is provided as way of rapidly building a LinkedIn profile. Content from the resume is used to fill the appropriate sections of a LinkedIn profile. In other words, the "uploaded" resume is used only as an "input" source for filling sections of a LinkedIn profile, and once the task is completed the "uploaded" resume is discarded.
        Susan Roman Feb 20 '13 at 03:00 AM
        I just had a response from Customer Support and they have indeed discontinued help on the resume importer. I looked and looked and never did see anything about them not supporting the feature, but I could have simply just missed it. Thank you so much, I appreciate your input.
        Jacob Louie Jun 11 '13 at 06:35 PM
        I tried the upload resume feature once yesterday, but I never confirmed or saved the entries. Now it looks like I can't use the upload resume option anymore. It would help if the upload feature can be used more than once.
        Bob Marnick Mar 03 '13 at 03:59 PM
        Top Response
        With no resume, why be here ? If looking for a new job how would a Company know what I have to bring to the table ??
          Susan Roman Mar 23 '13 at 06:07 PM
          Mr. Marnick - your profile is your resume or at least an overview of your resume. I figured that out from reading all the responses I've been getting to this resume question. You want to build out your profile with just enough information to get a potential employer interested to ask for a resume. That's when you hit them with the paper. Be sure you add some key words that an employer will be using in its seach for candidates. For example - since you're a pilot (I'm guessing that from your pic) then make sure you include the types of aircraft you can fly, if you're in the armed forces, put that in there. Get the idea? Hope this helps - Sue Roman
          Michael C. Sachs Feb 18 '13 at 09:14 PM
          Top Response
          I just read on the Linkedin help they have eliminated the resume upload feature. I could not find mine either. It was as of 1/15/2013. Unless this is a different feature they eliminated, it may be gone.
            Cesar F. Puzon, BBM Feb 19 '13 at 06:46 PM
            Top Response
            By the sound of the two above, resume is no longer available. Thanks.
              Shirley Issa Mar 06 '13 at 10:30 PM
              Top Response
              Hi Is building a Job profile the replacement of uploading a current Resume if so not good! I wanted a Speady way to place my Resume Profile, not to create a new one for Linkedon?
                Susan Roman Mar 23 '13 at 06:11 PM
                Ms. Issa - just think of your LinkedIn profile as an overview of your resume. You don't want to put all the stuff in your resume on LInkedIn. You want to put just enough to get employers to find you THEN you send them your resume with the specifics about who you are and what your skills are. Be sure to add keywords that a potential employer might use in their search for candidates. Hope this helps.
                Michael Carr Mar 08 '13 at 01:45 PM
                Top Response
                I just recently found this out, too. I uploaded a cover sheet of my resume and intended to upload the actual resume but it exceeded too many words so I couldn't upload it at all. Now, all there is just the cover sheet in which I want to delete but can't find it at all. What's the purpose of having this feature to upload resume without being able to view it on your profile?

Supposedly I read the other lady's comment that said your profile is your actual resume but it still doesn't make sense when you had already had an resume done on paper with more info other than what's on your profile. Yes, I now know LinkedIn discontinued customer support for this feature which still raise the question: What's the purpose of having the resume upload feature when unable to view and find it on your profile? And you can delete it either.
                  Rick Vidaurre Jan 18 at 10:25 PM
                  To delete file from your personal profile you can by clicking on the pencil symbol on the right bottom corner of your unwanted file. Then click on "Remove Media" and that would be gone.
                  Upload should be available after old is removed
                  Donnie Oesch Mar 12 '13 at 09:39 PM
                  Top Response
                  My resume was in One Box but I cannot find it, must of been deleted.
                    Susan Roman Mar 23 '13 at 06:14 PM
                    It wasn't deleted it was more or less absorbed into your profile. Did you ever notice words and phrases stuck in places that you know you didn't put there? Weird, I know. I'm kinda glad they did eliminate the option, one less thing to "upload" when I make changes to the resume I send to potential employers.
                    Susan McCarthy, CMP Mar 25 '13 at 07:46 PM
                    Top Response
                    This is ridiculous. I just paid for the "job seeker" account and the tutorial SPECIFICALLY says "you can upload your resume in seconds" but it doesn't show how the heck to do it and now it sounds like it can't be done anymore. Nice hook to get people to purchase. The ACTUAL resume is VERY important. Anyone can type in a few keywords on-line for a position. Why do you think there are so many courses and books on resume creation?!! To show what you have that the other candidates don't and to stand apart from the crowd. You picked a really smart area to cut back on, Linkedin.
                      Emily Shem-Tov Moderator Apr 16 '13 at 10:46 PM
                      You can easily upload a resume when you are applying to jobs through LinkedIn (some jobs send you over to the company web site and the experience there will vary by system, but those that say Apply Now will pop up a window where you can choose to upload your resume to attach along with your profile). http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/161
                      10|0 characters needed