36 responses

Rik Warren May 09 '13 at 01:40 PM
Top Response
Why the one way transaction from LinkedIn. Viewers can be anonymous but viewee can't block access from those who are anonymous?
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Rafael Vargas Jun 08 '13 at 05:32 AM
    As a Premium member, I agree with numerous members here!! We should have the option of blocking anonymous viewers ESPECIALLY AS WE ARE PAYING FOR PREMIUM SERVICES. You do not want to identified then I do not want you to view me.
    Richard Benbow Jul 25 '13 at 01:00 AM
    Rafael V. I agree with you 100%.
    See More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Alexander F. Peter May 24 '13 at 03:22 PM
    Top Response
    I agree. At least for Premium members, there should be an option to block anonymous viewers. This is an old Roman law principle: Do ut des. Only who gives will be given sth. in return. If the viewing person chooses to be anonymous it must be possible for those who dont want to be visible for these anonymous viewers to block them. If Linkedin is not going to introduce that feature pretty soon I'll cancel my Premium subscription.
      Richard Benbow Jul 25 '13 at 01:01 AM
      Me Too! I am tired of anonymous viewers. I have at least one a day!!!
      See More
      Cynthia Chapman Jun 22 '13 at 01:59 PM
      Top Response
      If this is set up as a networking site then why is there even an anonymous option? This is invasive and calls into question the entire stalking issue. Linked In has a responsibility to its members to disallow anonymous profile views.
        Annette Mueller Jun 01 '13 at 03:26 PM
        Top Response
        I completely agree - we should be able to block stalkers. Because it happened so frequently recently, I decided to change the settings for my public profile (no more photo, almost no information). That was the only thing I could do but I feel it limits the use of the site as a professional networking tool. LinkedIn has to react to this problem!
          Lyle Clippinger Jun 22 '13 at 08:40 PM
          I agree that they should react, but more precisely, they should have been proactive. This was not a difficult problem to anticipate. More likely, they prefer a problem existing so that they may then charge for a solution.
          See More
          Michele Powell May 31 '13 at 10:38 PM
          Top Response
          As a Premium member, I agree with Alexander, we should have the option of blocking anonymous viewers. I always feel like my privacy is being invaded in a creepy sort of way.... (This feature is "Stalker" mode!)
            Eric Jones Jun 14 '13 at 08:33 PM
            Top Response
            Completely agree with all previously stated. Linked in is for legitimate networking purposes-not covert information gathering. If you have to hide your ID in order to browse, you are up to something that is incompatible with legitimate networking. LI is not cheap for premium service-being denied an ability to block the stalkers is really not right. Perhaps it is time for an alternative to Linked in.
              Jeannie Stone May 09 '13 at 04:38 PM
              Top Response
              I so agree with Rik. I would like to block all anonymous viewers. Why isn't that an option???
                Tommy Miller Jun 18 '13 at 07:53 PM
                Top Response
                Thank you Alexander - I appreciate it.

Seems like a typical generic response (but at least you did receive one)...
                they could have made it a little more personal to as far as content - at least address your issue in the response.
                  Robert Stevens Jul 01 '13 at 04:09 PM
                  Top Response
                  Im a premium member and should be able to block anonymous users. Just like you can block anonymous calls on your phone. I think its creepy and a load of BS. NO ONE SHOULD BE PERMITTED TO BE ANONYMOUS! LinkedIn should remove the setting.

I shared this thread via my social media outlets and suggest you all do the same. It will get much more attention
                    Ian Calvert Sep 20 '13 at 10:09 AM
                    Top Response
                    Can I just aad another point on this, now with children as young as 13 here in the UK and 14 in America being allowed on LinkedIn after they dropped the age from 18, how do you feel about children being allowed to viewed anonymously?

Even more worrying, when you have articles like this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24163284 - so will you add your name to Uma's petition below:-

Do Not Permit Anonymous Viewing of A Member's Profile

http://petitions.moveon.org/s/vlM_p8
                      10|0 characters needed