3 responses

Charles Caro Apr 24 '13 at 07:33 PM
Top Response
To remove an "Endorsement" simply go to the member's profile, scroll down to the "Skills & Expertise" section, look for the "skill" you want to "Un-Endorse", and click on the "+" (plus sign) to the right of the "skill". The "+" works as a toggle. Click it once to "Endorse". Click it again to remove the "Endorsement".
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Roberta Weisbrod Apr 24 '13 at 08:39 PM
    Thank you!
    Pam Hanson May 16 '13 at 12:37 PM
    There is no plus sign. How else can you retract?
    Margaret A Ost Jun 19 '13 at 03:31 AM
    Use CONTACT US on toolbar above.
    Roberta Weisbrod Jun 19 '13 at 10:23 AM
    Has anyone else been experienced robo linked in? Friends in my address book who I would never send linked in requests and others I don't know have been receiving them.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Neil Wilkes Sep 28 '13 at 10:15 AM
    Top Response
    The biggest problem I have with endorsements is that I keep getting them for "skills" I do not possess. This is because of the dreadful way it is implemented, by asking questions like "does xyz know about abc" and I keep getting them for things I am clueless about.
    Worse still, this recently happened supposedly from someone who knows me - and I wrote and pulled his leg about it saying "you know my feelings on this app, so why the endorse" and he flatly denied doing it - so someone, somewhere is data mining.
      Charles Caro Sep 28 '13 at 03:35 PM
      @Neil - The whole "Endorsements" feature is very poorly designed and implemented.

The absolute *best* thing you can do is change your preferences for receiving "Notifications" regarding "Endorsements". This will not stop LinkedIn from suggesting "skills" to your 1st level connections because there is no way to get LinkedIn to stop, but you can gain control over what "skills" get posted to the "Skills & Expertise" section of your profile without going through a daily hassle regarding such "Endorsements".

Go to the following:

https://www.linkedin.com/settings

Click on the "Communication" link appearing in the left column and then click on the "Set frequency for emails" appearing in the right column. When the new webpage displays click on the "Notifications" link and then set the email frequency for "Endorsements" to "No Email".

Again, this will not stop LinkedIn from suggesting "skills", but it will give you complete control over the "Skills & Expertise" section of your profile without the daily hassle.
      Margaret A Ost Jun 05 at 02:04 PM
      Top Response
      https://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34318/kw/endorsement

Now you can opt out of ENDORSEMENTS,
      as of 04/14/2014.
        10|0 characters needed