68 responses

Charles Caro Apr 23 '13 at 01:11 PM
Top Response
You obviously did not close your account because you can still login. To close your account go to the "Account & Settings" webpage and click on the "Close your account" link. All information associated with your account will be destroyed.

If you cannot find the "Account & Settings" webpage, click on the "Help Center" link found at the bottom of every LinkedIn webpage and enter "close account".

Bear in mind it will be a lot easier to remove yourself from the LinkedIn website than it will be to remove yourself from Google. First of all, Google does not "crawl" every webpage on the web everyday, which means your LinkedIn profile link will show on a Google search for some time. Second, depending on how long you had your LinkedIn account Google may or may not have included your profile in its cache.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Paul White May 09 '13 at 10:24 AM
    account and settings?where?close account?where? not on the bottom of my pages.
    Don Stampe May 10 '13 at 02:43 AM
    There is no such site as an Account & Settings on my computer
    Christina Gray Jul 08 '13 at 03:47 PM
    You should be able to unsubscribe from promotional e-mails without disabling your account, especially since Linked In states that this is an option. But I've "unsubscribed" several times, and I still get these e-mails several times a week. Once in awhile and I could ignore. But it's just too much.
    Noel Uncle Nov 07 '13 at 09:44 AM
    Why the hell should I have to close my account to unsubscribe?
    I have clicked to unsubscribe four or five times and still receive unsolicited rubbish. The only reason my account is still open is to find a proper solution to this problem.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    John Belchamber Jun 20 '13 at 10:15 PM
    Top Response
    I am getting multiple emails trying to sell me various LinkedIn Premium services. It's now becoming ridiculous how many emails a week you send!

I have clicked Unsubscribe and unchecked the checkbox saying I'm happy to receive such emails but I'm still getting them.

My understanding is that you are legally required to have an unsubscribe system that works - where is it please?

Chris Sydoriak Apr 23 '13 at 09:27 PM
      Top Response
      I can't find the Account & Settings web page.
        Lea Murphy Jun 02 '13 at 11:42 AM
        Me either!
        Charles Caro Jul 22 '13 at 06:15 PM
        The quickest way to close a LinkedIn account is by going to the following:

https://www.linkedin.com/settings

Click on the "Account" link appearing in the left column and then click the "Close account" link appearing in the right column.

Each member is responsible for closing their own account.
        Robert Koval Apr 24 '13 at 03:31 PM
        Top Response
        I need to unsubscribe immediately.

Click on the "Account" link appearing in the left column and then click the "Close account" link appearing in the right column.

Harolyn Castleberry Apr 28 '13 at 11:41 PM
          Top Response
          Thanks for all your help. I'm fixing to give it a try. H
            Irma Stanton Jul 24 '13 at 03:19 AM
            Unsubscribe me
            Charles Caro Aug 23 '13 at 02:20 AM
            @Irma - The easiest way to close a LinkedIn account is by going to the following:

Click the "Account" link on the left column and then click the "Close account" on the right column.

A member must do this themselves.
            Mike Murphy May 06 '13 at 12:01 PM
            Top Response
            I don't want to close my account but I do want to stop the emails. I've unsubscribed and my profile shows "don't send emails"....but I still receive them. Come on LinkedIn!
              Sheryl Miller May 14 '13 at 03:35 PM
              I've been reading the same problem from several ppl and I just closed my acct. if I continue to receive emails from from them I'm going to put them in my spam folder and hopefully that will stop them. We'll see...
              Bob Fowler May 06 '13 at 03:49 PM
              Top Response
              Linkedin reminds me of a spoiled brat that will not take NO for an answer. After several attempts to unsubscribe I finally gave up and just mark all emails received from them as SPAM.

See More
                Judith Taylor May 12 '13 at 11:21 PM
                Top Response
                Just get me out of here. I do no longer want to be a part of Linkedin, my password does no longer work and this is not acceptable. Just take all my info out and no more emails for connections. Your site is totally not worth it.

Thanks, Judith Taylor Password does not work.
                  Charles Caro Jul 22 '13 at 06:14 PM

Jill Witkowski May 13 '13 at 08:46 PM
                  Top Response
                  I've had the same problem. They keep sending me "introduction" emails, even though I've unsubscribed multiple times. Help!
                    Roman Malanczyj May 14 '13 at 03:11 PM
                    Top Response
                    please unsubscribe me
                      Charles Caro Aug 23 '13 at 02:20 AM
                      @Roman - The easiest way to close a LinkedIn account is by going to the following:

Click the "Account" link on the left column and then click the "Close account" on the right column.

A member must do this themselves.
                      10|0 characters needed