7 responses

Bruce Wilson Oct 25 '13 at 02:04 PM
Top Response
Wouldn't it be super if someone replied to your question? I've done it myself, not frequently, and I find myself struggling to accomplish this every time. Off to play with links, I guess.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Alex Husted Oct 30 '13 at 02:37 PM
    1 - go to the page of one of your contacts (person A)
    2 - hover over the arrow to the right of the big "send a message" button
    3 - select "share profile"
    4 - address the message to the other person (person B)

you can also address the message to both parties by adding the other name (person A) to the address line.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Daniel Fearer Feb 27 at 10:40 PM
    Top Response
    Why not just have an introduction feature vs. these work-arounds?

Charles - Thanks for the response. The introduction feature you reference is a reactive feature; meaning that party A comes to me with a request to be introduced to party B. There are instances where you just want to introduce party A to B proactively, because you believe there would be mutual benefit to the two. I did use the share profile and inmail method to do; but it would be nice if there were a native feature.
      Charles Caro Feb 28 at 01:49 AM
      @Daniel - LinkedIn does have an "Introduction" feature, but each Basic account member is limited to five (5) "Introduction" credits, which means when going from one 1st level connection to someone already connected to the intended target at the 1st level it is much easier to get the personal touch by simply asking your 1st level connection to share your profile with the intended target rather than "burning" an "Introduction" credit.
      Charles Caro Apr 19 '13 at 03:01 PM
      Top Response
      If you are asking about what is the best way to introduce two (2) of your 1st level connections to one another, the best way is to simply "Share" the profiles and include a message stating why you think they should establish a 1st level connection on LinkedIn.

Most people really appreciate such sharing.
        Carol-Anne Ryce-Paul Sep 04 '13 at 01:47 PM
        Top Response
        How do you share a profile?
          Steve Brainard Jan 17 at 11:14 PM
          Top Response
          Bruce, thank you. Linked In would be a more robust environment if they made things more intuitive. I have enough passwords, systems, processes, etc., to deal with that I could for easy "easy" once in a while.
            Jorge Barros Feb 19 at 02:22 AM
            Top Response
            ... yes, it allowed me to send an email to both and the System asked if it was ok to have each have access to the other... looks like the System needs to work on this... easy solution actually for a company like Linkedin..!
              Jorge Barros Feb 18 at 08:53 PM
              Top Response
              Share option not working. System does allow to put both names in a "Message".
                Charles Caro Feb 18 at 09:58 PM
                @Jorge - Send a message to each person on a one-by-one basis. I really doubt you can "share" a member's profile with the member.
                10|0 characters needed