28 responses

Leigh Macklan May 30 '13 at 05:17 AM
Top Response
I've been having the same problem as everyone else however I've worked it out.

Click on:
Contacts > Connections

Don't even bother looking in the list of people/pics that shows up or trying to find a 'more' button.

On the right hand side of the screen, below the search bar, there should be 2 links, one says 'Remove Connections', click on it.

Select the person(s) you want to remove from the list and then click the blue button saying 'Remove Connections'. It will ask if you are sure, click 'Yes, Remove Them'.

You will then get a confirmation that you have successfully removed someone.

I hope this helps.

*Edit*
Here is a screen capture of what steps I took. https://www.box.com/s/iuic5cw85c6w9exzbo2z
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Bill Libby May 31 '13 at 11:09 PM
    Thanks Leigh, your advice worked for me. I couldn't figure out the other suggestions to remove connections. Thanks again!
    Mirla Criste Jun 06 '13 at 05:16 PM
    This worked for me as well! I'm on a Mac, however, so the search bar is on the left, and the "Remove Connections" link is on the right, where, of course, I wasn't looking, so occupied was I with searching for the function in the actual list of connections. Thanks, Leigh!
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Kelly Smith May 22 '13 at 10:18 PM
    Top Response
    How do you remove connections on the new set-up.
      Sean DeYoung May 29 '13 at 07:41 PM
      Top Response
      You people don't get it. I am having the same issue that David is. There is no "more" option anywhere no matter where you are. Maybe you have it but we don't!
        David Schofman May 29 '13 at 07:57 PM
        THANK YOU! This is my issue as well. No 'more' anywhere.
        Sean DeYoung May 29 '13 at 08:10 PM
        Your welcome. I have worked in IT for 15 years and I suspect there is something different about our profile in the data of the database. If I am correct the chances of some IT person going in and specifically changing our profile data to correct the problem would be remote considering this is probably only happening to a very low percentage of the users.
        Sean DeYoung May 29 '13 at 08:18 PM
        Okay what Margaret stated worked. Thanks Margaret!
        Ben Rabau Mar 26 at 12:13 AM
        Top Response
        I had this problem from a mobile app or even the mobile website. From your tablet, go onto the website, not the app. Then once inside, click on 'full site', and the above instructions suddenly made sense.
        Tick a contact and the more text/button will apear...
        Ben
          Charles Caro Apr 16 '13 at 04:03 PM
          Top Response
          LinkedIn members with very large 1st level networks have problems with many LinkedIn features.

You should send a message to LinkedIn Customer Service through the "Contact Us" link found at the top of every LinkedIn Help Forum webpage. Bear in mind it now takes LinkedIn Customer Service staffers at least 7-10 days to get to and process a service ticket, and all service tickets are handled on a strict FIFO basis regardless of where the source of the service ticket.
            Jim Rutherford May 12 '13 at 10:46 PM
            Top Response
            I reported this issue over a year ago.
            I will report it again today.
            People with a large number of connections cannot delete connections and LinkedIn appears not to care.
              Margaret A Ost May 30 '13 at 11:26 AM
              There is another way to REMOVE CONNECTION:

Go to PROFILE of person.
              Next to SEND MESSAGE click arrow.
              REMOVE CONNECTION is once choice in drop down menu.
              Cherilyn diMond May 24 '13 at 03:24 PM
              Top Response
              It's the "more" option that appears in the contact's area when you hover over their name (next to "tag" and "message"). Not the "more" that is in the upper toolbar (next to "news"). Super confusing, I know.
                David Schofman May 25 '13 at 02:09 PM
                Top Response
                I see nothing when I hover over the name. What browser are you using. I tried Firefox and IE and it does not work.
                  Margaret A Ost May 25 '13 at 03:24 PM
                  2014:
                  They recently changed how you remove people now. MAY//
                  Today, you must be in //
                  CONNECTIONS
                  Search for person above while in CONTACTS. check box for person //MORE //
                  REMOVE CONNECTION

//
                  You must be in your CONNECTIONS or it won't work!
                  David Schofman May 25 '13 at 03:43 PM
                  Thanks Margaret. Unfortunately no MORE button shows up for me. Tried Firefox, IE and Chrome. Very strange. Sucks they make this so impossible.
                  David Schofman May 25 '13 at 03:56 PM
                  I guess I have the older version. If you have any suggestions on where get the new toolbar maybe that will work. To answer you question, when I search, then select the only thing that appears is "Send Message" and "Edit Tags" - when I try your second suggestion of selecting and then going to the upper right and clicking REMOVE CONNECTION I get this error: "There was an unexpected problem that prevented us from completing your request."
                  Margaret A Ost May 25 '13 at 04:02 PM
                  HOME / PROFILE / CONNECTIONS / JOBS / INTERESTS //// is my JULY 2014 toolbar.
                  Margaret A Ost May 25 '13 at 04:05 PM
                  For a while I had to go to the person's PROFILE and open it, then look at all the options that showed when you are under CONTACT INFO.
                  See More
                  Jim Rutherford May 27 '13 at 03:34 PM
                  Top Response
                  This discussion seems to indicate that some LinkedIn users have a new user interface that allows deletion of connections (even for those who cannot delete connections now). How does want obtain the new user interface with these updated features?
                  I would like to be able to delete connections through LinkedIn.
                    Lana Yakimoff May 29 '13 at 10:20 PM
                    Top Response
                    When you go to your connections page, there is a new format. There is large tab at the top of the connections list which has many features, one of them is the remove connections feature. Its great, you can multi selection names from your list!! hit remove and wola!! =)
                    just used it myself
                      10|0 characters needed