58 responses

Patrick Whitworth Feb 15 '13 at 02:57 PM
Top Response
I agree, there should be a way to opt out of the request, please stop sending request I did not make.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Renee Quarchioni Jul 30 '13 at 09:48 PM
    I don't think endorsements hold up anyway because I'm sure most realize that primary endorsements come from people that don't know beans about you . your work ethic, successes, what you're really good at ... it's rather comical after all. . All your contacts are solicited for endorsements even though they don't really know you .. . too bad no algorithm / spiders exist that only solicits people in your network you've actually worked with (based on time period, company and such) oh well .. here's to wishing ..
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Oscar Gundim Feb 25 '13 at 01:26 PM
    Top Response
    I fully agree, it is embarassing to request endorsement to our contacts without our permission. I´ll quit LinkedIn if there will not be an option to stop this useless requests...
      Jim Alderman Feb 25 '13 at 08:55 PM
      Top Response
      I too am going to Linked Out if these ridiculous requests don't stop. I have plenty of people endorsing me who have no idea what I do. Linked In - PLEASE STOP THIS!!
        Patrick Utt Mar 09 '13 at 04:15 PM
        Top Response
        Roxanne - all you did was stop getting notifications of who endorsed you. Linkedin will still send your contacts emails that look like they are coming from you asking for endorsements. So you did not stop the problem.
          Suzanne Little May 14 '13 at 06:10 AM
          I know this is an old thread but I finally got around to trying to shut off the endorsement prompts again... And of course can't. I found this thread and see we are all trapped into having our contacts being pestered with these endorsement prompts. I bet they will make it a "premium" feature to opt out. Let me know if you found out any more info or where I can register feedback, if you know!
          Portia Corman Mar 13 '13 at 12:44 AM
          Top Response
          I too would like to opt out of endorsements. They are meaningless.
            Patrick Utt Mar 12 '13 at 04:44 PM
            Top Response
            Margaret - you are saying that if I don't want ANY endorsements that I should remove all my connections...and I guess I can delete my profile too since I won't be connected to anyone any longer ....good advice.
            Linkedin has taken it upon themselves to do something that I (and many others) are not happy with, please pass along how unhappy your user's are with this feature. The simple solution is to let us turn it off.
              Margaret A Ost Mar 20 '13 at 04:09 AM
              Not me, LI. I copied it. If it were up to me I would cap it at 10 endorsements per skill so you could decide whose endorsements you wanted and be done with it.
              Brandon Jenkins Jul 30 '13 at 09:18 AM
              Try Xing.com. A true social site for professionals.
              Stephanie Shindler, CMT Mar 27 '13 at 08:50 PM
              Top Response
              Since the only discussion/activity I've seen about this topic has been from other users who want it to stop, and no official response from LI, I've opened up a support ticket about it. I'll post their response to my ticket when/if they respond. Have others done the same and received any response?
                Roxanne Schwans Mar 09 '13 at 02:51 PM
                Top Response
                I found the answer!! THANK YOU GOD!
                Skill Endorsements Email Notifications
                How do I change email notifications for Skill Endorsements?
                Last Updated: 10/19/2012 Report Answer Inaccuracies
                You will receive email notifications for skill endorsements from your connections by default. To change these notifications:

Move your cursor over your name in the upper right of your homepage, and select Settings.
                Click Email Preferences on the left side of the screen.
                Click the Set the Frequency of Emails link.
                Scroll down to Endorsements and select No Email to stop them or Individual Email to restart them.
                Click Save Changes.
                  Margaret A Ost Mar 12 '13 at 04:22 PM
                  You have to remove them as a connection, if you really do t want them getting endorsement requests.
                  Dean Scurries Mar 25 '13 at 11:08 PM
                  Thank you Roxanne. I agree, I didn't ask for all my contacts to be harassed to make these endorsements. Let's hope this stops it.
                  Dawn Noel, P.E. Jul 23 '13 at 01:23 PM
                  Roxanne. Did this stop Linked In from sending emails asking for edorsements or did it just stop you from receiving emails that people have endorsed you? I've just changed the settings, but I'm not sure if it will stop Linked in from sending emails to others. I hope it works though. Thanks!
                  Stephanie Shindler, CMT Apr 10 '13 at 05:45 AM
                  Top Response
                  For all of you that are concerned about this -- have you opened up a ticket with LinkedIn support? I have and got a response (whereas on these discussion boards it's just us users complaining to each other). The response that I got hasn't yet fully answered whether this "feature" is going be more manipulatable in the future. But, at least someone there had to note my complaint that LinkedIn was essentially spamming my contacts with endorsement requests. If enough of us direct our concerns to customer service, then maybe they'll take it seriously and consider changing policy.
                    Suzanne Little May 14 '13 at 06:08 AM
                    Any update on this Stephanie? Where did you file the ticket? Post it, share it! I've heard others day they got no feedback on this question from support.
                    Stephanie Shindler, CMT May 15 '13 at 01:17 AM
                    Hi Suzanne. There was a back and forth where they tried to dodge the question by talking the ability to hide notifications instead. Here's the only response I got that pertained directly to my question about endorsement requests/spam being sent on my behalf without my permission:
                    "Currently, there is no way to completely opt out of endorsements."
                    Stephanie Shindler, CMT May 15 '13 at 01:18 AM
                    I emailed them back recently to ask whether or not they were aware of the threads (like this one) where users were complaining about this "feature". I forwarded them the link to this specific thread. No response yet.
                    Stephanie Shindler, CMT May 15 '13 at 01:20 AM
                    The ticket was opened with linkedin_support@cs.linkedin.com. Ticket # 130327-007692
                    Grant Barger May 15 '13 at 01:37 AM
                    Nice work Stephanie... I just sent an email to linkedin_support@cs.linkedin.com w/ the ticket number in the subject line.
                    It would be nice to have the option to turn off the soliciting of endorsements by LI on an individual basis.
                    See More
                    David Coles Feb 19 '13 at 02:43 PM
                    Top Response
                    I agree we should be able to turn off endorsements. It just gets embarassing and is of no value to anyone other than I suspect LinkedIn for advertising purposes.
                      10|0 characters needed