5 responses

Charles Caro Apr 12 '13 at 03:20 PM
Top Response
Whenever you see such an invitation in your LinkedIn "Inbox" do yourself and every other LinkedIn member a favor by clicking the "Ignore" and then the "I Don't Know" option because you will not only stop future invitations, including reminders getting to your LinkedIn "Inbox" but also the accounts of the senders will get restricted.

If you aren't viewing invitations through your LinkedIn "Inbox", you need to start because in doing so you protect yourself.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Craig Lines Apr 24 '13 at 08:32 PM
    Top Response
    Thanks Paul. I had a response from Charles Caro - dunno if he has anything to do with linkedin. Anyhow, I saw somewhere else on the forum that if you hover the cursor over the name of the invitee, you'll see at the bottom left of the screen, the website it wants to send you too. The fact that these people have access to our email addresses is the worrying thing that hopefully linkedin can look into.
      Nick Shewring May 21 '13 at 08:43 PM
      Top Response
      I've had a few spam invitations now out of Kenya how do i report the user? this could be the start of a massive problem on Linkedin.
        Colleen Kelley Jul 23 '13 at 01:00 PM
        Top Response
        I get several invitations a week in my company inbox, which is an address I don't even have registered with LinkedIn - I use LinkedIn just for networking with other writers, as I'm a novelist. I clicked the "unsubscribe" link in one of the e-mails, just out of curiosity, and it SEEMS to have led me to a valid page on the LinkedIn site. I didn't click anything on the page and immediately sent the e-mail to my spam folder. If these are hackers or phishers they're good...luckily I know I don't have this particular address on my account, so I knew it was spam. Be careful.
          Willem Hazenberg MBA EUR ING RI Sep 19 '13 at 05:24 PM
          Top Response
          I got an invitation from.
          John Lantz wants to connect with you on linkedin.
          John Lantz
          Sr. Software Engineer at BAE Systems and Computer Software Consultant view profile

When I use the button View Profile a was route to russian site. http://doctorcoed.ru.

10|0 characters needed