31 responses

Rob McElyea May 01 '13 at 05:22 PM
Top Response
This seems to be a very common problem. LinkedIn should address this issue in their user interface.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Tim Ellis Sep 09 '13 at 08:09 PM
    Top Response
    REDICULOUS, LINKED IN ! There is no logical, ethical or commercial reason to disable people from being able to edit the URL of a company they say they work for. I have read the list of complaints - which reflect exactly my own problem - and I have to say "I am not impressed". LinkedIn please sort this out. Put it a faster, more user-friendly process as URL changes are actually quite common. You are losing credibility and friends - and wasting time that people simply don't have.
      Samantha Gunn Apr 11 '13 at 02:07 PM
      Top Response
      If your URL hasn't updated after you have changed the company name, contact LinkedIn customer support they will be able to help you with updating the URL.
        Mark Keller Apr 08 '13 at 01:20 PM
        Top Response
        404 page with a "we're sorry but..." message.
          Margaret A Ost Apr 17 '13 at 02:01 PM
          Use CONTACT US, on toolbar above.

Other resources may be faster:
          https://www.facebook.com/LinkedIn
          https://mobile.twitter.com/LinkedIn
          https://twitter.com/LinkedIn
          Mark Johnson Apr 08 '13 at 05:04 PM
          Top Response
          I'm interested in this answer as well. I've recently taken over our company's LinkedIn page and it was created back when the company had a different name. I don't want to create a whole new page because so many people are already linked to it. Does anyone know how to fix this?
            Mark Keller Apr 11 '13 at 02:35 PM
            Top Response
            I contacted them on Monday so hopefully they will be getting back to me before our materials need to go to production or I will be forced to leave LinkedIn hyperlinks and references out.
              Margaret A Ost Apr 11 '13 at 02:46 PM
              What happened when you tried to EDIT COMPANY NAME? At one point they added the feature so that people could change their own company names, is what I read here.
              Mark Keller Apr 11 '13 at 02:54 PM
              The name TITLE in the page source changed as well as the name in the header, however, this had already been done and the problem remains that the URL has not been changed to reflect the changed company name.
              See More
              Filip Novák Apr 17 '13 at 11:04 AM
              Top Response
              Linkedin Support is crazy slow with answers.

Even I know how to solve this problem, old-company-name perma-redirected to new-company-name and that's it. Anyway Linkedin is not one of the friendliest portal on the web and support is very slow.
                Mark Keller Apr 17 '13 at 01:22 PM
                Do you know of a good tutorial to do this? Or can you instruct briefly how to do this yourself? Because Google and Bing searches reveal nothing on this subject. I would appreciate it if you do. Thank you.
                Filip Novák Apr 17 '13 at 02:13 PM
                This can't be done outside, you have to be Linkedin Admin to do this redirects.
                Filip Novák Apr 17 '13 at 02:14 PM
                I will instruct their IT center, if they will respond to me ;)
                Mark Keller Apr 17 '13 at 02:34 PM
                Well I am an admin for my company's LinkedIn page, but, if you are saying you need to be an admin for the actual company of LinkedIn to make this change, then I'm afraid this does not benefit LinkedIn users such as myself.
                Filip Novák Apr 17 '13 at 02:37 PM
                I should better say: You have to be and owner of whole Linkedin to perform such changes.. They did not do it. We, as users, can't do such change.
                Filip Novák May 01 '13 at 05:25 PM
                Top Response
                Finally. Support changed my Company URL, after 24 days waiting for their response.

Now it is: http://www.linkedin.com/company/silawebu
                  Bason Valve Nov 21 '13 at 05:09 AM
                  well..I am still waiting for LinkedIn support to change my company URL, 33 days past, crazy slow response.
                  Winshuttle . yesterday
                  Filip- who did you contact? We would like to change this.
                  See More
                  Evan Zhang May 06 '13 at 03:02 PM
                  Top Response
                  I got the same problem, according to the question sponsor,i just mailed the support team,hope it could be fixed then.
                  Like this will be much better:http://www.linkedin.com/company/yseyewear
                    Mark Keller May 06 '13 at 03:08 PM
                    They will fix it as long as it is a valid request. However it may take a couple of weeks for them to get around to it.
                    Melanie Hulbert May 29 '13 at 09:00 AM
                    Top Response
                    I have the same issue. Crazy that you can't change this yourself like you can on a personal profile page. Will e-mail and see how quickly it gets done!
                      10|0 characters needed