25 responses

Derek Homann Moderator Feb 12 '13 at 07:03 PM
Top Response
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. If you have the new profile, you can upload presentations, videos, and documents to it if they are hosted on one of the providers that we are compatible with.

Here is an FAQ that explains it a bit: http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34327

With that said, you might want to upload your resume on Scribd (or possibly one of the other content providers) and then add it to your profile so it is easily viewable by others.

We'll also be continuing to look into how we can improve this experience in the future as well so keep an eye out for enhancements.

Derek
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Edwin Frontino Feb 15 '13 at 01:36 PM
    why not just make it possible to upload a PDF
    BCLBE /UCB Mar 25 '13 at 05:43 PM
    I second Edwin Frontino. Why not make it possible to upload PDF?
    Beth Briggs Apr 02 '13 at 07:41 PM
    I third Edwin Frontino - Upload a .pdf - especially for Designers with a portfolio in .pdf format!
    christopher grimes Apr 22 '13 at 11:59 PM
    Not worth my time to transcribe my entire resume (25 years of Financial Experience in addition to educational backround)
    Melinda Neville May 01 '13 at 03:25 PM
    I would like to have my CV on my profile, not make a user wade through a few different links to get to it. This should be a very basic option for a professional network.
    See More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Sandra Dixon Apr 09 '13 at 05:51 PM
    Top Response
    really annoying that simply uploading a .pdf of your resume is not an option. It should be simple.
      Paul Morrison Cristi Aug 01 '13 at 05:57 PM
      completely agree...
      Adam Warren Nov 14 '13 at 04:46 AM
      I just added a step by step tutorial using images in a pdf format directly to my linkedin page. check it out

http:/ /www.linkedin.com/in/aawarr
      Osama Mneina, PMP Jan 10 at 10:27 AM
      Agree. Totally.
      Dylan Knapp Sep 06 '13 at 07:57 PM
      Top Response
      Considering that a resume is one of the few absolutely necessary components of a working person's portfolio, wouldn't it make sense to devote some kind of simple .PDF upload option rather than treating it as some kind of headache-inducing way to push people to use Slideshare?

Maybe devote a whole button to it.
        Adam Warren Nov 06 '13 at 12:20 AM
        You can add pdf I just added a step by step tutorial using images in a pdf format directly to my linkedin page. check it out

Crystal Thies May 01 '13 at 03:33 PM
        Top Response
        Hey Everyone - LinkedIn just announced a new enhancement that solves the problem here. You can now just upload the file for your resume. http://blog.linkedin.com/2013/05/01/visually-enhance-your-professional-story-on-your-linkedin-profile/
          Jacques Landuyt Jul 16 '13 at 04:23 AM
          Thanks Crystal - this works well
          Kelly Castro Dec 07 '13 at 02:20 AM
          I do not have an edit tab on my profile
          Heidi Youngkin Jun 03 '13 at 07:15 PM
          Top Response
          So to confirm, there is no longer a way to simply post your resume, like there used to be? I removed my resume to post an updated copy and the entire feature disappeared. Now I'm supposed to go to a completely different website, post it there and embed a link? Two places to keep updated now? Thanks for taking something simple and making it complicated.
            Crystal Thies Jun 17 '13 at 12:31 PM
            Heidi,

Now that the feature has been fully rolled out, LinkedIn is giving you the option to upload files or attach a link. Click on the blue media files icon to see the different options.

To be honest, although it takes several additional steps to use SlideShare, the benefit to using that instead of just uploading a file is that every week you learn how many people opened your document and downloaded your document via email notification even though you are now a premium member to just look at the statistics. I would think that for a job seeker, having that type of information could be beneficial. Especially if it is combined with who viewed your profile for the week.
            Heidi Youngkin Jun 18 '13 at 08:29 PM
            Sorry Crystal, I've tried to follow your directions but I do not have a blue media files/box icon, just the blue pencil. I see others on this comment trail have the same problem. I will check back periodically and see if the feature to post my resume becomes available.
            Adam Warren Nov 14 '13 at 04:45 AM
            I just added a step by step tutorial using images in a pdf format directly to my linkedin page. check it out

Dennis Dunbar Feb 15 '13 at 01:38 AM
            Top Response
            Is there a way to upload portfolios or slide shows of my work?
              Adam Warren Nov 14 '13 at 04:56 AM
              I haveadded a step by step tutorial, using images, on uploading a pdf format directly to my linkedin page. check it out

Once the pdf is uploaded click on it and you have the option to "slideshare" your presentation or just share via email facebook etc...

I hope this helps.

Dharmendra Singh Verma Apr 26 '13 at 12:57 PM
              Top Response
              i alrady skiped option of uploading of my resume. but now i want to upload my resume. how can i do it
                Adam Warren Nov 14 '13 at 04:42 AM
                I have added a step by step tutorial, using images, in a pdf format directly to my linkedin page. check it out

Kenneth McGrath Jun 15 '13 at 05:10 PM
                Top Response
                Thank you for the advice. Can someone provide a step-by-step (1 through 10, for example) guide on how to easily upload a resume to LinkedIn?
                Thank you!
                  Crystal Thies Jun 17 '13 at 12:27 PM
                  Kenneth,

Click on Edit Profile from the main navigation.
                  Scroll to the Summary section which by default is directly below the top box of the profile.
                  You will see a blue pencil icon and a blue box icon.
                  click on the blue box icon and you will get a drop down to upload a file or attach a link. Click on Upload a file.
                  A pop up will open to find the file you want to upload.
                  Click Save/Upload.
                  You should be good.
                  Malcolm M. Bordelon Jun 18 '13 at 05:36 AM
                  there is no upload file or attach option. EXPORT to PDF is an option ... but there is no upload file option.
                  Very aggravating. This should be a simple option.
                  Adam Warren Nov 14 '13 at 04:45 AM

Kelly Castro Dec 07 '13 at 02:23 AM
                  Adam your link does not open
                  Kevin Cross Feb 28 at 06:48 PM
                  @Malcolm directly opposite where it states Summary is a small blue square with a plus sign in the bottom right hand corner if you click here it should work just fine, as long as you follow Crystals instructions above.
                  Matthew Bommarito Jun 26 '13 at 10:02 PM
                  Top Response
                  Hi I cannot find this "blue box" icon. Only a blue pencil. Is there any way to upload your resume to this website?
                    Adam Warren Nov 06 '13 at 12:20 AM

Kenneth Stailey Nov 13 '13 at 02:13 PM
                    @Adam Warren - I would like to express my appreciation for your presentation. It has saved me time and effort. Best regards!
                    Adam Warren Nov 14 '13 at 04:44 AM
                    your welcome. Glad to be of service!
                    Deanna Ormsby Sep 15 '13 at 08:48 PM
                    Top Response
                    Uploading a resume to our profile should be simple and headache free. I'm considering removing my linkedin account because of this.
                      Adam Warren Nov 06 '13 at 12:16 AM
                      I have added a short tutorial on my linked in page.. in pdf format. http://lnkd.in/bcSZTpx
                      10|0 characters needed