5 responses

Newest
Eva Pedersen Hall Mar 24 at 08:57 AM
Top Response
I'm trying the work-around of simply entering a Title in the title dropdown and then using the "Descriptiong" field to add my list of honors & awards in a concise way. However it is not allowing me to do that, it's forcing me to enter all info. Any ideas? The normal way is way too long and takes up too much space.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Colleen Roach, Ph.D. Sep 12 '13 at 10:37 AM
    Top Response
    I'm glad someone started this thread. I'm also a newbie. Here's my issue: I have a fair no.of awards, and put in a couple of other things (like being a finalist for a VP job). But the way Linked-in does this, they take up a very large space, and I'm wondering if I will come off to people as too much...I have noticed on some other people's profiles they list their awards like this. There is a section titled "Additional Honors and Awards" and the space for listing these ends up being much smaller. I have seen two people's profiles like this. I'm wondering -- I know linked-in changes a lot, and was thinking maybe this was an option available before, but not now. Thanks. Colleen Roach

Jurre Reus Mar 26 '13 at 04:49 PM
      Top Response
      I entered a "fixed space" "(Em Space) from Word as the title for my one and only award and inserted the others in the "comments" section as follows:

2013 Award Z
      2012 Award Y
      2011 Award X

Linkedin should provide for the option to do this in a better way. Listing all honors and awards separately the official Linkedin way makes it indeed too lenghty...
        Margaret A Ost Mar 26 '13 at 01:25 AM
        Top Response
        However you use them, you might also
        reference them in the SUMMARY, if
        you haven't already, so people see
        them even if they don't scroll down.
          Richard Foster Mar 26 '13 at 01:27 AM
          Being new to LinkedIn, I am still working on the summary..... great idea to make a reference to them in the SUMMARY. Thanks for the suggestion.
          10|0 characters needed