4 responses

Charles Caro Feb 10 at 05:20 PM
Top Response
Most likely your system has been infected by malware. If you are using a Windows computer, go to the Control Panel, load the "Programs and Features" program and look for recently installed programs, especially programs you don't recognize. If you find something recently installed you don't recognize, click to remove the program.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Cheryl Hite Mar 24 at 11:44 PM
    Top Response
    Hi Charles, I wish your suggestion would fix this program. Interestingly I have to very different computers and the pop up started today on both of the computers. Is it possible that LinkedIn caused both?
      Charles Caro Mar 25 at 08:24 PM
      @Cheryl - The source of the malware is not the LinkedIn website, but perhaps you clicked on a message that looked like it came from LinkedIn. The phishing messages are getting to be very difficult to detect.
      Wendy Gold Mar 25 at 06:42 AM
      Top Response
      I did exactly what Charles Caro said to do and I eliminated a strange program. I think it hd web or surf or something in its name and I have not experienced the issue since. Please try that,
        David White Jul 09 at 03:10 PM
        Top Response
        I am very annoyed with the pop up screens -- this is starting to look more like another face book every day.

Someone needs to start a real business network site that stays professional and isn't trying to attract every warm body.

I would pay more to have it but, paying for this is just frustrating
          Charles Caro Jul 09 at 08:22 PM
          @David - LinkedIn doesn't use popup ads on the LinkedIn website, which means your computer has been infected by malware.

You can follow the information I included with my original answer or you can probably take care of the malware using a quicker method I have found. All you need to do is "reset" your browser.

If you are using Firefox, go to the help menu and select "Troubleshooting Information". At the "Troubleshooting Information" webpage you will see an option labeled "Reset Firefox".

Before you click to reset your browser be sure to backup and export your bookmarks and make note of any passwords you have saved.

Other modern browsers have a similar feature.
          10|0 characters needed