13 responses

Charles Caro Feb 08 '13 at 08:37 PM
Top Response
What you are surely seeing is just one of the many iterations of the LinkedIn equivalent of the Twitter "Fail Whale".

Try; Try Again.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Anthony Saliba Feb 08 '13 at 09:07 PM
    This is going on 24 hours, all machines, only my log in. My tech guys can't even figure it out. They can access their accounts on my machines, but not my account... As if I was given a virus... But only LinkeIn Home Page is effected. Evidence I am on this page.

-ajs
    Sean Holden Moderator Feb 08 '13 at 09:30 PM
    Sorry about that! If you continue to get this error Anthony, please contact us using the "CONTACT US" link near the top right corner, or this link: https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/path/
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Bruno Souza Mar 30 '13 at 05:28 PM
    Top Response
    I have the same issue here right now Anthony. They solved your problem?
      Deanne Tindale May 08 '13 at 08:53 AM
      Top Response
      I've got the same response and have had it for hours now. Can't get into my linkedin account at all. What happens now?
        Jacques Pieters May 16 '13 at 05:13 PM
        Top Response
        I have the same 403 forbidden message problem guys. Did you guys come right? How long is Linkedin unavailable for before I can get online again?? Does anyone know?
          Caryna Wong May 16 '13 at 11:45 PM
          Top Response
          Same problem here as well. 403, cant log in, it seems to be login specific.
            Philip Boivin, MbA May 21 '13 at 05:36 PM
            Top Response
            ..same problem here...
            "403:Forbidden
            LinkedIn is Momentarily Unavailable
            LinkedIn is momentarily unavailable but should return in a few moments
            We apologize for any inconvenience
            Please wait a moment, then follow this link to return to the home page. You may need to sign in again."

Anyone any idea how to solve this?
              Charles E Heroux III May 21 '13 at 06:28 PM
              Top Response
              The last time this happened to me the system reset at 12AM GMT (England) ; 8PM EST (US). Linked has a host of problems, that being one as well as an archaic system for the IDKs etc. that turns off conventional invitations so that you have to provide email addresses to the recipient.

As far as I know, my computer won't reset until 8PM tonight.

Additionally, it doesn't make much sense contacting Linkedin because they take days, sometimes weeks to get back to you. That leads me to believe they are severely understaffed and have numerous problems that there computer does automatically and they solve them one at a time by resetting the accounts that have been restricted. There is no phone number I know of or any quick method of rectifying any of Linkedin's problems. It could be assumed that much of there system is completely computer controlled and automated.
                Kristen Hieronymus Aug 01 '13 at 09:11 PM
                That is crazy. I am having the same 403 error, and reported it hours ago, with no response from them.

They are a technology company, and publicly traded now. They ought to have the capital to implement software solutions for these kinds of issues. And if not, there are many people who would pay a nominal fee to upgrade their accounts to get higher usage limits (which is my best guess as to be what triggered the problem for me; the really ridiculous thing is that there is not even a meaningful error message, since clearly the problem is not something that resolves itself in a few moments as indicated).

Thank you for posting their system rollover time. Hopefully, their usage counter will reset at that time.
                Cheryl Hite Sep 05 '13 at 03:04 AM
                Hi Charles--I think you are correct on two levels. I'm back in after 12 am GMT. my issues have been occuring during a heavy use period. I also contact LI early this afternoon MST and still have not heard from them. I'm a fan of the concept of the system but now know, the limitations. I'll keep track of this pattern bu I'm pretty certain you solved my problems.
                Kenneth Henseler May 22 '13 at 09:12 PM
                Top Response
                I too am getting this from IE 10 and Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m both on my work computer and from my home computer that I remoted into to also check.
                  BJ Boles Jun 17 '13 at 10:48 PM
                  Top Response
                  Does anyone from LinkedIn monitor these conversations or are these boards just for us to go in circles? I am having same problem and would really like someone from Customer Support to help me figure out how to resolve it.
                    Larry Shield Jul 07 '13 at 04:38 PM
                    Top Response
                    after searching the web and board there still is no answer to why this happens or what to do. If I use a proxy service I can get to the linkedin home page but when I try to login I get the 403 error again. How long will this go on. Why no response from linkedin? They want us to pay for this service?
                      10|0 characters needed