13 responses

Henry Norton Oct 16 '13 at 09:43 AM
Top Response
Thanks for the above information, I was just about to sign up tor a trial month......
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Ebony Edwards Nov 01 '13 at 10:39 PM
    Me too! I think I will pass and just continue my basic membership.
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Renato Coto Sep 06 '13 at 04:02 AM
    Top Response
    Let me know if this work for you, the answer is here:

http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50

Canceling or Downgrading Your Premium Account

How do I cancel my current Premium account?
    Last Reviewed: 01/28/2013

You can cancel your premium account and switch to a free basic account from your Settings page:
    https://www.linkedin.com/secure/cancelv2?redirect=

OR

Downgrade to a different premium account and keep features like InMails, Profile Organizer, Premium Search Filters and expanded profile views.

Learn more about different account types and LinkedIn Premium Account features.

Note: When canceling your premium account:

Cancellation will end billing and remove your access to any premium features at the end of your current billing cycle.
    Changes will be effective on the billing expiration date of your current premium subscription.
    You'll be notified once your request has been processed.

Ian Simpson Sep 08 '13 at 09:54 AM
      Thanks so much for your help. If only everyone focused on the key issue in the way you have........
      Agila J Feb 21 at 05:22 PM
      I am also charged for the free trial. I have asked to cancel the account upgrade. I haven't received any information yet. Do you have any customer service number to reach them.
      Charles Caro Mar 16 '13 at 10:33 PM
      Top Response
      LinkedIn will automatically renew Premium subscriptions at the expiry date until the member sends a cancellation message to LinkedIn Customer Service well prior to the expiry date. Bear in mind the report is LinkedIn Customer Service is now taking 7-10 days to handle any service ticket.

While there are several ways to send a cancellation message the best way to send a message to LinkedIn Customer Service is by using the "Contact Us" link found at the LinkedIn Help Center (see link at the bottom of every LinkedIn webpage or from the "More" menu appearing at the top of every LinkedIn webpage). By using the "Contact Us" link your message will automatically generate a service ticket with a time/date stamp when you click to send the message.
        Valeria Gabarra Mar 16 '13 at 10:44 PM
        Thank you Mr. Caro! I have done what you are suggesting for 3 times so far, but I will wait a little longer. 7 days sounds a reasonable time but 10 days would be abusive for an answer of a cancellation request...
        Charles Caro Mar 17 '13 at 12:46 AM
        You would still have the time/date stamp for your original cancellation message as documentation for your cancellation.
        Dan Behrend Apr 05 '13 at 02:26 PM
        I accidently signed up for a year by mistake and cancelled it 20 minutes later - I sent a contact us message but have not heard back - are they going to make an issue of it
        Justin Mitton Mar 18 '13 at 11:39 AM
        Top Response
        I'm sure everyone had various emails after Xmas asking if you wanted to sign up for linked in premium for a free 30 day trail. I did with a couple of days to spare. I didn't realize they needed my credit card details until I was due to upgrade so before I confirmed I went to the live support section. I asked if I would be charged before or after 30 days, the response was no, as long as I downgraded the account within 30 days. I have a screenshot of this as evidence. Anyway I signed up and downgraded my account within 30 days. I forgot all about it until I received my credit card statement which says I have a transaction of £162.10 to linked in Ireland ltd and a late fee charge (I only use this card for emergencies) I have contacted linked in and opened a query but received no feedback, I have taken to twitter and looked for a contact number to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone help? Justin
          Sofie van Laer Mar 18 '13 at 02:29 PM
          This happened to me. I am very upset by the situation.I just want to go back to my normal acount
          Valeria Gabarra Mar 18 '13 at 02:58 PM
          Sounds like a very bad attitude for a company. Tricking customers is a really bad path.
          Agila J Feb 21 at 05:23 PM
          I am also charged for the free trial. I have asked to cancel the account upgrade. I haven't received any information yet. Do you have any customer service number to reach them.
          Timothy Elliott May 15 '13 at 03:28 PM
          Top Response
          I want to downgrade my LinkedIn premium "Job-seekers" account back to basic. Everything I've read as to how you do that is BS. I believe my only resort is to have my credit card company dispute the charges.

Anyone else have a better idea?

Shame on you LinkedIn...
            Philip Monro May 16 '13 at 02:36 PM
            These customer response sites are wonderful and I would like to thank those who spend their time replying to such messages. There is now now way I will accept a "free" offer which if there is a tiny electronic hitch or error I end up paying £162. I note you say the moneny goes to Ireland which is how there is not UK tax on the transaction (see parallel current news items on this practice). Regards

Philip
            Michelle Clarkson Sep 03 '13 at 05:33 PM
            Top Response
            Has anyone had this resolved??? I am having the same issue. On top of that, I was barely able to access parts of the site due to "maintenance". now my card is pending a trial charge I made before the 31 days(I assume 31 since august is 31 days and it says" 1 month" trial. on top of that idk if things processed correctly.

if this is not resolved I am contacting my bank and have them research it. this is ridiculous they treat people this way. I've found no "7-10" day processing time on any trial service. so I guess we are supposed to deal with the charge for 10 days and wait for a refund in 14 business days (like most companies do)??? it's bad enough I could barely access my profile. the last 2 weeks.
              Abdelrady Elagamy Oct 14 '13 at 05:05 PM
              Top Response
                Shasha Moose Mar 04 at 05:07 PM
                Top Response
                Thank you so much for all these comments. I was just about to upgrade, but stopped by credit card info page. I googled online and found a lot of complaints about this unethical practice. It's truly a bad path to trick customers. I will stay with my free basic version.
                  Wayne Norris May 23 at 08:48 PM
                  Top Response
                  YOU, yourself, CANNOT cancel! It's impossible. The CANCEL links above will only get you to the HELP page, where you open a HELP TICKET. You have to ASK A HUMAN to cancel you.

This is a huge problem. I upgraded to an expensive subscription for my company [they were paying], so that I could do some hiring. Now that the hiring is over, I'd like to go back to my regular account. BIG PROBLEM.

The moral... DO NOT EVER UPGRADE, unless you want to stay upgraded FOREVER. It is very, very, very difficult to back out, and I am sure they design it that way on purpose.
                    Jay Yucha Jun 06 at 09:06 PM
                    Top Response
                    https://www.linkedin.com/secure/cancelv2?redirect=

This seemed to work for me. We will see how it goes.
                      10|0 characters needed