22 responses

Sean Holden Moderator Feb 08 '13 at 06:59 PM
Top Response
If she doesn't have access to any of the confirmed email addresses on the account and can't remember the password, she'll need to contact us directly so we can see what options she has to re-access the account. Thanks!
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Sameer Jumnani Feb 09 '13 at 03:19 PM
    i have the same problem exactly what u stated.
    i created 2-3 accounts in past 3 years but now i forgot the passwords as well as security questions. Sadly i dont know the linked emails' passwords as well. It looks bad professionally to have more than one account...u know.. can u pls. answer, my email id is jumnanisameer42@gmail.com thnx
    Jason Peterson Feb 25 '13 at 02:15 PM
    Hi Sean,

I have an employee with a similar situation. She no longer has access to the email address (it's the former employers), and she does not recall the password. She she create a new account, then send the duplicate she wishes to cancel to you?
    cynthia baumannn Mar 15 '13 at 01:47 PM
    Hi Sean Having a major problem, I cannot login, i have my email and password, but it keeps saying they are going to send me a new password due to security and have logged in 7 times and still no new password. i then tried to create and account on Yahoo, but all my connections were lost from my origianl log in account
    cbaumann@themadisonhotel.com
    could you please contact me direct i need help and getting very frustrated.
    thank you in advance...cyndee
    Peter Iversen Apr 08 '13 at 06:12 PM
    Reference is made to Sean Holden's reply dated Feb 08.

How can one contact Linkedin directly?

My wife lost access to her LinkedIn account as see has no longer access to her email account
    Sean Holden Moderator Apr 08 '13 at 06:28 PM
    Peter, Here is a direct link for contacting us: https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/path/
    See More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Charles Caro Feb 08 '13 at 02:55 PM
    Top Response
    Access to the account is not directly related to whether or not an email address is active because an email address is simply a login ID. A person does, however, need to know their password to access their account.

In the situation you describe the person should login to their account and add/confirm a new "Primary" email address.

To "Change/Add" an email address go to the "Account & Settings" webpage, which is accessed by moving your mouse over your name, which appears at the top of every LinkedIn webpage, to reveal a drop down menu showing "Settings" as an option.

From the "Account & Settings" webpage click on the "Change/Add" link next to the "Primary Email" label.

A new popup window will appear. From there all you need to do is follow the prompts.

Once you have "confirmed" the new email address you can designate it as your "Primary" email address.

Remember, you must also change your email preferences for each LinkedIn Group you have joined because each LinkedIn Group is independently managed/moderated by an unpaid volunteer.
      Sam Pulice Feb 08 '13 at 08:16 PM
      Charles, the email used is no longer existent in cyber world. When she tries to login it sends a confirmation email to the email for her to change it over and that simply isn't possible. She may just have to start a new account and set up a back up email.
      Matam Syamala Mar 17 at 05:26 AM
      Hi Charles,

After adding new email id I am not getting any auto generated mail to confirm the new mail id.In this case how to change the primary id?Please suggest me!
      See More
      Shawna Black Feb 28 '13 at 03:52 PM
      Top Response
      I have a similar issue with not being able to access my company's page. No one remembers who originally set up the account so I don't know what email address was used. I sent a request to LinkedIn and received a ticket number; however, that was three days ago and I haven't heard back. Not sure what to do at this point. Any advice?
        Your Kurriosity Mar 05 '13 at 12:57 PM
        Top Response
        I am going thru a similar situation in we had a previous employee start an account that is no longer with us. The previous account is

http://www.linkedin.com/company/2388669?trk=prof-exp-company-name

Please let me know what would be the next step.

Thank you.
          Charles Caro Nov 10 '13 at 12:47 AM
          @Your - The fact of the matter is the member account setup for "Your Kurriosity" violates the LinkedIn User Agreement (Section 10.2.3.), which stipulates all LinkedIn member accounts must be setup using an account name of a "natural person". Any member account created with a company name is considered a "fake name" account.

By the way, your "profile photo" is non-compliant with the LinkedIn User Agreement (Section 10.2.6.), which stipulates a profile photo must be a personal photo or "head-shot". A logo is not appropriate, and LinkedIn Customer Service can and will remove the photo without notice.

LinkedIn Customer Service might otherwise have a difficult time finding such violations, but then most people don't expose their violations to the entire 235+ million members of LinkedIn in an open and public forum with active moderation coming from LinkedIn Customer Service staffers.
          Kari Bretschger Mar 05 '13 at 08:59 PM
          Top Response
          We have a similar issue at our company as the employee who had email address and password is not longer working here so we can't provide access. Please email me at [email removed] to provide input on how we can access our linked in account for Integrated MarketingWorks.
          Thanks so much,
          Kari
            Sean Holden Moderator Mar 05 '13 at 09:10 PM
            Kari, I've removed the email address from your response for privacy purposes. Please contact us directly so we can help you with this one-on-one: https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/path/
            Joseph Seger Mar 12 '13 at 11:07 PM
            Top Response
            Hi, my wife has the same issue. She can't remember the password or email address associated with the account she set up. She has emailed you via the link above for direct help, but has not received a response. She is one of my first degree links on my profile, Heather Miller. How can I help her get this account reset?
              Andrea Fuller Mar 13 '13 at 11:30 PM
              Top Response
              One of my co-workers had her Facebook and LinkedIn hacked, and her email has now been blocked (or her access, which relies on her business email address)from LinkedIn. How can she get her access secured again?
                Dave Player Mar 19 '13 at 11:18 AM
                Top Response
                Hi, I've just joined LinkedIn and see that an ex-employee had already set up an account for my charity. How can I get access to this account?
                  Basil Manos Mar 22 '13 at 08:42 AM
                  Top Response
                  Good Day,

Please can someone assist, i cant access my old account and as a result had to establish a new one.... Whats the procedure / who do i contact in order to regain access to my old account.

Regards
                    S.V. Henson, Jr. Mar 28 '13 at 07:16 PM
                    Top Response
                    How do you contact Linkedin when they don't provide contact information?
                      John Steel 2 days ago
                      Gmail account recovery direct link and phone number please visit: http://gmailaccountrecoveryoption.wordpress.com
                      10|0 characters needed