11 responses

Marie Ma-Miller Jul 10 '13 at 05:18 PM
Top Response
This is a common problem with Linked-In when you send out a lot of invites. They need to fix it since it is counters what LI is about... connecting.
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Jenae Kaska Moderator Mar 14 '13 at 03:42 PM
    Top Response
    Hi Miles. It shouldn't have anything directly to do with the amount of activity you've had on the site lately. To reduce the number of times you see a security challenge:
    1) Enable cookies on your browser. Your browser's help section can provide instructions on how to do this.
    2) Try not to sign out each time you use LinkedIn during the day. We'll remember your most recent sign in for a period of time so you can access your account without seeing the prompts. We do, however, recommend that you sign out at the end of each day.
      Akshay Telrandhe Jun 04 '13 at 01:30 PM
      Hi Janae,
      I did everything what you have suggested but still I am facing the same problem. My network admin says it's not internal or cookies. This Security Verification keep coming.
      david Jones Apr 04 '13 at 01:04 PM
      Top Response
      trying to login and keep getting verification message to enter capture but no capture is being displayed! now what?
        Dennis Peckham May 21 '13 at 03:31 PM
        Top Response
        After sending out about 100 invites without a prompt I'm now prompted to complete a verification check for each invitation to ensure I am "not a robot". I followed my browser's instructions and confirmed the cookies are enabled, but the prompt continues. Help...thanks.
          Margaret A Ost May 22 '13 at 01:25 AM
          You would need to use CONTACT US above if her suggestions didn't work:........Jenae Kaska Moderator Mar 14 at 03:42 PM
          Hi Miles. It shouldn't have anything directly to do with the amount of activity you've had on the site lately. To reduce the number of times you see a security challenge:
          1) Enable cookies on your browser. Your browser's help section can provide instructions on how to do this.
          2) Try not to sign out each time you use LinkedIn during the day. We'll remember your most recent sign in for a period of time so you can access your account without seeing the prompts. We do, however, recommend that you sign out at the end of each day.
          Comment More
          Jim Rice Jun 12 '13 at 02:04 PM
          Top Response
          I have the same problem , I get a verification notice after I send out a lot of invites.
          I am a new user things seemed to work ok when I left it overnight however I now have the same problem .
          I'm working from an ipad
            David Mays Jul 30 '13 at 03:03 PM
            Top Response
            I am getting the verification screen and cannot seem to get past it. I have tried 7-9 times. I should be able to get at least ONE right. I think something else may be going on.
              Sheng Chen Sep 12 '13 at 08:19 AM
              Top Response
              I want to know why,too.Now I'm now prompted to complete a verification check for each invitation to ensure I am "not a robot".
              I want to know the solution of it.So who can help me or just wait for one day and it will figure out?
                David Sweedler Dec 16 '13 at 11:40 PM
                Top Response
                Um--- I have not sent out any invites and I am seeing the same verification issue when I make a simple request to logon to my account. Will stay away from LinkedIn until they sort things out. Given LinkedIn's sky high valuation, you guys might try to poach a few competent programmers to solve problems like this before they alienate your user base. After all, Marissa Meyer is busing destroying Yahoo's email users so she is already taken!
                  Frank Lee Feb 21 at 06:52 AM
                  Top Response
                  After sending some hundred of invites, same problem come to me, definitely this is default security protection process, but I just wonder how to get it out? Someone professional can help?
                    Rob Parsonage Mar 28 at 10:11 AM
                    Top Response
                    It's crap isn't it. Doesn't happen with Facebook, and always happens with me when I put a link in my updates. I've got 'Noscript' blocking all the rubbish they permit on this site - doubleclick, scorecardresearch, quantserv and bluekai, all spyware and cookies not required to make the site work - bloody liberty they take with our information.
                    Come on moderator, sort it out!
                      10|0 characters needed