31 responses

Reed Early Mar 26 '13 at 05:10 AM
Top Response
This is just self promotion for Linked In and unfortunately will trick a lot of people into giving their email address book password. Please delete this "feature"!
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    Mike Rayburn, CSP, CPAE Apr 15 '13 at 10:58 PM
    Yeah, it drives me nuts. How do you delete it?
    Kenneth McComas May 29 '13 at 06:58 PM
    How do you get around the stupid interface. I cannot get to my Linkedin account. No place to logiin and it always wants my email password. Ha! from a company that has already had a MASSIVE hackin on its security record!
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Philip Ling Mar 08 '13 at 11:00 AM
    Top Response
    This splash-screen is counter-productive; it immediately feels like a phishing scam. I've wasted 20mins checking this out because I thought it was a scam - that's time I won't get back.
    What makes it worse is the contact I connected with to arrive at the screen asking for my email password didn't then show up on my 'recent activity' screen, making it look even more suspicious. Please change this.
      Henk Willem Otten Mar 10 '13 at 07:53 PM
      fully agree. I do not understand anything about my email password. I even do not know that I have one. What I try , it is all wrong. so what to do?
      Margaret A Ost Mar 10 '13 at 08:24 PM
      Your email password is ONLY asked for in LINKEDIN when you are in CONTACTS / ADD CONNECTIONS. Don't put it in anywhere in LinkedIn and certainly from your email unless you know why you are doing it.

Your LINKEDIN password is completely different.
      pat benenati Mar 26 '13 at 10:53 PM
      Top Response
      There is no way in h@ll I am giving my email password out. Too bad, LI, I'd love to be in the network but it's cumbersome and full of BS self-promotion, just like all social media.
      I'm fed up with the useless and insane network updates too.
        Margaret A Ost Mar 28 '13 at 06:20 PM
        You shouldn't be giving your email password to LinkedIn UNLESS you want them to invite people from your email address book.

Otherwise, you ONLY use your LINKEDIN PASSWORD, which you set up.
        Mike Rayburn, CSP, CPAE Apr 15 '13 at 10:58 PM
        Yes, total BS. Causes me to just leave.
        Mary Ann Hurst Apr 20 '13 at 08:00 PM
        Top Response
        Why would ANYBODY be willing to give their private email address password out? Linked In should not be asking for this!
          Kenneth McComas May 29 '13 at 07:00 PM
          How do you get around the stupid interface. I cannot get to my Linkedin account. No place to logiin and it always wants my email password. Ha! from a company that has already had a MASSIVE hackin on its security record!
          Dave Mason Mar 08 '13 at 10:56 AM
          Top Response
          While this screen appears to be required to finish the invite acceptance, it is not. It is a plea to get permission to import your email address book and send invites to all.

If you are worried about security, don't give the password.
            Kenneth McComas May 29 '13 at 06:59 PM
            Bruce Mackenzie Mar 09 '13 at 04:36 AM
            Top Response
            Is there some way to turn this prompting off ? LinkedIn has asked several times for it, and I always ignore it.
              Margaret A Ost Mar 09 '13 at 05:16 AM
              If you are in CONNECTIONS/ADD CONTACTS, it is like driving in Boston. If you don't know exactly where you are going you are going to end up someplace else. Guaranteed. Not even a question. (In NYC there are too many cars to go quickly, so you have time to right your wrongs.)

So, go to SUPPORT HOME, search CONNECTIONS and study, then ask here again. UNLESS you invite Mary or Arnold, one at a time, which is done by clicking ANY EMAIL on the far right and requires no UC or PW from you, otherwise you may find yourself in quicksand you will not easily extricate yourself from, and which ALL of us have done already at least one. Me twice...well...all I will admit to. I think I have finally learned it isn't going to change so just find a new hobby: NOT using ADD CONNECTIONS to rifle through my address book like a jealous...you get the idea.
              Eric Thorensen May 02 '13 at 11:50 PM
              Top Response
              Screw Linkedin
                Margaret A Ost Mar 08 '13 at 09:02 AM
                Top Response
                Don't provide it. You might copy / paste and send to CONTACT US, above.

I am coming to the conclusion that sometimes you are in twilight between being connected and not, and that you take a step on LI, then are asked to totally sign in. Especially since I disabled a cookie this is happening. So I go to the main URL, LOG IN, and go in as a way that I feel secure in using.
                  Peter O'Gorman Mar 22 '13 at 09:38 AM
                  Top Response
                  Why do I need another email address to get a new password. It should not be necessary as I have safeguards in place on my system, all you are doing is setting up more problems with multiple email addresses, please revert to the users single email address, or I come out of this program entirely.
                    Margaret A Ost Mar 22 '13 at 04:44 PM
                    Don't provide an EMAILPASSWORD. Your LINKEDIN PASSWORD is completely different, or should be.
                    Leslie Blanton Mar 28 '13 at 06:16 PM
                    Top Response
                    Hmmm. Certainly does make a new member wary. I am seriously thinking about deleting the account I just set up. Especially after reading that someone is having issues with their private email after setting up. I am very uncomfortable with all of this.
                      Margaret A Ost Mar 28 '13 at 06:21 PM
                      You shouldn't be giving your email password to LinkedIn UNLESS you want them to invite people from your email address book.
                      Otherwise, you ONLY use your LINKEDIN PASSWORD, which you set up.
                      10|0 characters needed