21 responses

Newest
Ian Kenyon Mar 11 at 02:40 PM
Top Response
Agreed with Chris. I just had a suggested contact who is my Landlord. We have no common contacts in Linkdin and the ONLY way they could have made the contact was to have accessed my email account. I am so p'ssed off with them for this that I am closing my account immediately! Goodbye Linkdin arseholes!
(Comments are locked) Sign in to comment More
    10|2000 characters needed characters left
    Chris Charette Dec 31 '13 at 06:09 PM
    Top Response
    Unfortunately, removing their access after the fact is kinda like trying to un-see something…They already got what they need and have likely already sent invitations or will eventually. The best you can do is to stop using their service altogether so they get the message.
      František Pekárek Dec 31 '13 at 09:01 AM
      Top Response
      To access the "Imported Contacts" list, click "Add Connections" button in upper righ corner (the one with silhouette and plus sign). In the upper right corner of the next page you will see "Manager Imported Contacts" link.
        Rob Morris Dec 30 '13 at 10:54 PM
        Top Response
        I was able to delete the imported email list LinkedIn grabbed without my permission by doing the following. It requires opening an email sent by LinkedIn announcing they have imported contacts from your email account. Subject line of email starts with "Start connecting with ...". Open the email and click the Continue button. This will open a browser window containing the list of Imported Contacts. Click the small "Select All" checkbox just below the "Imported Contacts" title. Then scroll to bottom of contact list and click "Delete selected contacts" button. All are deleted. It appears to filter out the 1st Connections, so these should not be affected. I tried several of the previous helpful suggestions but could never get to the "Imported Contacts" Web page.
          tom mcginnis Nov 27 '13 at 05:22 PM
          Top Response
          SOLUTION: I went to Yahoo! Mail and hunted around for the area indicating "permissions" for access from other IT services, clicked on it, found only LinkedIn, and removed it. I suspect that other mail providers have similar screens, so rather than suffering disservice through LinkedIn, perhaps starting in the other direction would be the faster cure. BEST WISHES to all.
            Lee Shahwan MS, MBA Nov 13 '13 at 07:25 PM
            Top Response
            I also get the suggestions & appeared to be coming from my iphone contacts. I remember at one point I allowed Linkedin to do so not knowing what is going to happen..............

Go to Network/Contacts & click on Settings (The wheel in the upper righthand corner). You'll see the lists of imported emails (gmails & Yahoo addresses..... etc.), contacts, applications...etc. Click on "remove" against any of the downloads from the lists. I found that my iphone contacts were downloaded. I clicked on remove & within seconds they were removed. No longer suggestions from iphone contacts. While there, read "Why you want to SYNC contacts".
            Good luck.
              John Sykes Nov 27 '13 at 08:41 PM
              Lee, you have made a great contribution! Thanks so much!
              Nicolas Dalle Oct 01 '13 at 08:29 PM
              Top Response
              Hello, you just have to change your password
                tom mcginnis Nov 27 '13 at 08:52 PM
                That won't do it at all -- the "permission" is above that of the user (who needs a password), so password changes leave the relationships between your email and other IT providers unaffected.
                Margaret A Ost Sep 25 '13 at 03:40 PM
                Top Response
                Steven,
                INBOX
                The right toolbar top of page.
                ENVELOPE ICON
                is INBOX
                INVITATIONS tab
                SENT
                  Steven Mairs, MPA Sep 25 '13 at 03:44 PM
                  Thank you Margaret. Concise and clear. Now to get back to withdrawing those 1,600+ unwanted invitations one-at-a-time. I won't forget this slippery LinkedIn maneuver soon.
                  Margaret A Ost Sep 25 '13 at 03:57 PM
                  http://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/f/c
                  They withdrew mine.
                  Steven Mairs, MPA Sep 25 '13 at 05:27 AM
                  Top Response
                  A lot of discussion about the problem but scarce little about a solution. One partial solution I read, "The *only* way you can stop the invitation reminders from going out is by going to your LinkedIn "Inbox/Invitations/Sent" folder" This would be more helpful if the location of the "Inbox/Invitations/Sent folder" was provided. I don't see it.
                    Melanie Williams Galuten Sep 06 '13 at 03:25 AM
                    Top Response
                    I am SOOOOO cranky about this. It sent invites to people that I've only met once (business) who are very highly placed that I feel would take offense to my invite which leaves me with digital egg on my face. I am very VERY upset. This should be illegal.
                      10|0 characters needed